Search results

1. G

Advice for desk audio setup for DJ/ video editing/ gaming

Can you confirm please that the Motu M4 can run with DDJ and rekordbox using 2 separate channels 1\2 for headphones and 3\4 for speakers?
  2. G

Is it valid to AB test different streaming services (Tidal, Spotify) by recording system audio?

Thank you guys! I will try recording with Audacity and AB testing in Foobar.
  3. G

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Thank you! Just signed up to Tidal from Spain.
  4. G

TIDAL is NOT Worth it! Listening Test

@folzag thanks, I thought about it as well. Could you confirm please that if I record streaming audio with Audacity as a system audio there won't be any difference in sound compared to a case if I extract the source tracks from streaming services from urls/downloaders etc?
  5. G

TIDAL is NOT Worth it! Listening Test

Hey guys, What is the best way to rip output of different streaming services like Tidal/Spotify/Deezer/Amazon? It's just for AB testing. Will recording of system audio in Audacity work for this? A long time ago I did a comparison but a volume match was done only by ear. Now I want to repeat...
  6. G

Is it valid to AB test different streaming services (Tidal, Spotify) by recording system audio?

Hey! I want to AB test different streaming services in foobar using ABX comparator or in a DJ software just switching between A and B. For this purpose will it be correct to just record the system audio in wav while a streaming service is playing and use these files for the test? Will those...
  7. G

How Should I A/B Test Headphone Amps?

Sorry, I just figured it out. I don't actually need AB switcher for this test, I need only two 3.5 male - > one 3.5 male and switch in a Roon player. Right?
  8. G

@amirm thank you so much for your help! So do you mean that I don't need a multimeter for level matching? Can I use Right Mark Audio software or DAW using input of build-in sound card for this or Room player will do good as well? Also did I understand it right, I can connect 2 DACs...
  9. G

Hi. Thanks for sharing this research! I want to do the same comparing 2 DACs, Fiio K3 and Topping NX4 with HD598SE loaded. Will the following comutation be ok? A) PC - > Fiio K3 connected by USB - > AB switcher - > Headphones B) Laptop - > Topping NX4 connected by USB - > AB switcher - >...
  10. G

How is it possible to measure latency of a DAC?

@somebodyelse thanks, can you recommend a software where I can do that with 2 devices. The above-mentioned utilities allow to test 1 device only as input and output.
  11. G

How is it possible to measure latency of a DAC?

Hi! I need this for music production. I know there are tools like Centrance Latency Test Utility and Oblique Audio - RTL Utility which measure round trip latency of audio interfaces, but they use their inputs. In DAC only there are no inputs but if you consider using them in music production...
  12. G

Buy several DAC's from Amazon, test & return

I just want to do it once :) Didn't return anything before. How much stuff have you returned?
  13. G

Buy several DAC's from Amazon, test & return

Hi, I am just curious have anyone done this before? Is it possible or I will have problems? I just want to purchase 3 DAC's from Amazon Spain, blind test them and leave only 1, returning the 2 others.
  14. G

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

@amirm hi, could you please comment this. I am considering NX4 for desktop use so if it shows worse results when plugged to USB power may be I should look to other solutions like D10+JDS Atom or other DAC+headphone input solutions.
  15. G

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Thank you so much! So I will just need 2.5 male -> 2.5 (male or female) cable? Right? 3.5 female -> 2.5 male adapter won't work for this. Right? Sorry, just want to be sure before purchasing cables.
  16. G

Ok, ok. I just read the thread on reddit where a guy says that hd598 is actually balanced headphones and uses 2.5 Trrs cable to connect it to balanced input of a DAC
  17. G

Hm, I am not sure, HD598SE has only one 2.5 input on the left ear cup. Will I be able to connect it to the DAC with 2.5 male 2.5 male cable?
  18. G

Thank you! It's a pitty but it seems it won't work with my hd598se. Will continue my hard search of DAC in order to replace UCA222. Just thought I've found it.
  19. G

I have 2.5->3.5 stock cable and I think I would able to connect headphones with 2.5 male, 2.5 male or maybe, 3.5 female 2.5 male cable, not sure about cable yet. Will cables like these work? https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b0HFJlUA https://a.aliexpress.com/bhXKueC6
  20. G

Hey guys, could you tell please, will this DAC or PowerDAC be a good fit for 50 ohm Senheiser HD598SE in order to replace my current Behringer UCA222? I have concerns redarding sound of UCA222, I have tested it in RMA loaded with HD598SE and results were not good. I don't need more volume, just...
Top Bottom