Search results

1. gr-e

JBL Studio 630 and Studio 698 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Correct, however the cap is marked as 0.75uF which would be 0.00075mF or 750nF. I would use uF to avoid confusion, but VituixCAD switches the units automatically
  2. gr-e

JBL Studio 630 and Studio 698 - Review & Measurements by Erin

You can actually see the value in the picture from post #79, it's 0.5mH I'm wondering if the low sensitivity in the midrange is a driver issue or if it's caused by the crossover.
  3. gr-e

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Am I actually reading this... There are at least three reviewers that used your speakers without feet screwed in. Imagine how many unsuspecting customers have done the same and ended up with an underperforming speaker. How this doesn't concern you in the slightest is beyond me. The reviewers, on...
  4. gr-e

This amp looks interesting!

No! You really shouldn't twist two wires with 240v between them Same phase, but different taps. Here's a neat drawing I found. As you can see, all three wires are connected to the same winding: A similar EU wiring would look something like this:
  5. gr-e

TOPPING MX3s

Does anyone have remote codes for the RC-13a remote? I'm specifically interested in play/pause, next and previous track buttons
  6. gr-e

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Thanks for including this measurement. >200uV idle noise seems a bit high but totally understandable considering the amp's power capability. Still, I'd be worried about hiss in a nearfield setup. The datasheet mentions output noise <85 μV, but I guess it's lower because of A-weighting.
  7. gr-e

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Is the front chamber vented in this IEM? I can see a vent near the 2 pin connector, but I assume it's for the rear volume.
  8. gr-e

New mysterious Genelec monitors

https://www.genelec.com/en/-/event/join-our-global-launch-event-1 It's It was in the image title. Yeah they changed the link. The old image is still available though...
  9. gr-e

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Could it be Genelec 8381? I'm curious what's the use for 2 midwoofers (mids?) so far apart. Or maybe 4 midwoofers surrounding a coaxial unit?
  10. gr-e

Interesting YouTube channels that you watch and follow.

Soup Classic Motoring - a car restoration channel with some amazing stop-motion footage
  11. gr-e

Unusual Speaker Designs

It doesn't send PWM signal to speaker. This is a fairly common "direct digital" aka "power dac" architecture: the PWM processor sends PWM to the power amp stage, which outputs your normal analog sine wave. In comparison, a conventional class D amplifier generates PWM by comparing the audio...
  12. gr-e

Topping MX5, A new device?

Yes, it's pin 40. As far as I remember, I just traced it from the Infineon amp with a continuity tester (the trace itself goes through the middle layer). Well, I just copied the relay circuit from the headphone amp section. I've since upgraded it with dual 5A relays:
  13. gr-e

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

I built this Arduino-based IR volume knob for my desktop setup. It may seem unnecessary, but I'm just too lazy to reach the knob on the amp, especially if I'm reclined on a chair. The roughly made plywood body was supposed to be a temporary solution until I come up with something nicer. I've...
  14. gr-e

CSS Criton 1TD-X Kit Speaker Review

Yes, the sharp edges and a tweeter with no waveguide result in significant edge diffraction, you can easily see it on @MZKM's directivity plots: The other part of the problem is the suck-out on the vertical axis at the crossover frequency that is typical for most 2-way speakers. It is...
  15. gr-e

Yes, on 1.02 pressing the mute button in speaker mode muted the power amp (and that's what causes the high pitched noise to come through). On 1.03 and newer they partially fixed the issue by muting the preamp section instead. Unfortunately, this trick won't work for when the headphone out is...
  16. gr-e

1. No issues with connection/range, works fine through a couple of brick walls 2. That depends on your phone's settings 3. No You can connect to MX5 even when it's in standby mode. If the auto on/off feature is enabled, it will automatically wake, switch to BT input and start playing.
  17. gr-e

Well, the speaker pops are very exaggerated in the recording, they are barely audible in person, so not an issue at all. The white noise is just a bad recording, the amp itself has a very low noise floor. The actual issue is the switching noise when the amp is muted, which is hard to hear on the...
  18. gr-e

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

The woofer frame is not on the baffle, it's actually raised above it. I'm pretty sure it's designed to be flush with the grille on.
  19. gr-e

So... I got really sick of that noise and ended up adding a relay to the speaker output :D It does look messy, but it works perfectly fine. The 2A relay kinda undersized for the speaker output, but I already ordered a 5A version which should be enough.
  20. gr-e

Look Inside JBL Studio 580

Wire length in mm and spade terminal size in inches
Top Bottom