Search results

1. NathanR

Decent Active Midfield (10ft) speakers, ~$1400 low-budget | For turntable setup, casual listening

Originally, cheapest analog available that's reviewed by ASR. I agree. I had a nice conversation with my friend yesterday about his project and I might have convinced him to forgo the LP route. I relied heavily on the discussion here: vinyl renaissance ASR thread and spoke about the...
  2. NathanR

Decent Active Midfield (10ft) speakers, ~$1400 low-budget | For turntable setup, casual listening

I have a friend who came to me for a decent record playing setup. Edit: for his study/mancave (separate room from HTS) He wanted to spend ~$1500 on speakers and ~$300-500 on turntable. I explained that WAV/FLAC digital will be better long-term sonically, but the experience of record playing...
  3. NathanR

Let's be a little nicer, especially to newcomers

Sounds good. 'twas only an opinion. Substantiated. As long as it was at least discussed here. Personally speaking. I've found that using my real name everywhere allows me to live more authentically and I am forced to consider what I say before I say it. IMO that is what is lacking online...
  4. NathanR

Let's be a little nicer, especially to newcomers

My thoughts on the topic. 1) Enforce real full names. It has worked very well on the ProSoundWeb Forums. 2) Enforce asking good questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions My thoughts generally: I enjoy that ASR leans towards being 'heavy handed.' I got sick of nearly all other...
  5. NathanR

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Hi Paul, The test plan is fantastic! Huge time saver. This is an incredible add! I'm still tinkering with it and figuring out how best to use it for my own purposes (amp/electronic testing). The two tests I am adding are: 1) an initial level/gain step that is super fast 2) log-sweep 'chirp'...
  6. NathanR

Hi Paul (pkane), Been a bit since I last checked in *grins sheepishly* (I bounce heavily between projects as I have energy; recently has been smart-home stuff). Anyways. It seems you have implemented a number of my ideas (downplay my hubris thinking this, as likely ideas were contributed by...
  7. NathanR

Crown Xti4002 Pro Stereo Amplifier Review

FWIW I have via PM. A long list of Pro amps. The older iTech8k is one of them. We need to clone Amir so we can get more throughput ;) Note: Amir has not been slacking, the sheer number of reviews going up every week is proof. Too much to test, so little time...
  8. NathanR

:) I've noticed; haha. Maybe once compiled add to your script; upload the .exe twice or more robustly check hashes on compile vs nightly build locations? Idk your setup just brainstorming here. --- (voltage calibration) Feedback: Bugs(unexpected behavior): If I have "Volts(rms) FS" selected...
  9. NathanR

So I definitely tried all that before posting. But I re-did all the exact same steps. But this time MT version changed to 1.61. Calibration popped immediately. Thanks! Great work! Let me run some tests and get back with ya :) Sha256 1.61 [downloaded from link @ post #2470] -...
  10. NathanR

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the calibration window won't pop up. I uninstalled V1.6 Installed V1.6 (from link) Loaded 1k preset Run measurement Click in spectrum > chart units > volt(rms) FS Nothing happens
  11. NathanR

1) Understood, thank you. What do you think about my suggestion to disable that option while in 'LvL sweep mode' 2) Thanks, I appreciate it. It's not a big deal IMO as it works as long as I'm not opening the ASIO settings. I feel for you though, wish I didn't think it was important. I've run...
  12. NathanR

Testing RME Babyface Pro with Multitone - Learning software mostly

The Multitone software should get its own sub-forum ;) This is me messing around trying to figure out the software. I would not take these measurements as indicative of the unit's performance. [voltage calibration] 3.446 volt(rms) FS input 3,4 (1/4" unbalanced) 0dB gain, +4dBu output 1,2 (XLR)...
  13. NathanR

Multitone questions/Findings while playing around with my RME Babyface Pro trying to measure loopbacks to learn the software. 1) Play gain, when doing lvl sweep does this change anything? Seems not to as I ran a sweep and the input meter still went to 0dBFS with play gain set to -4dB...
  14. NathanR

Recommended reading for new comers and inquisitive minds.

Audio Myths Workshop - AES, Ethan Winer
Top Bottom