Search results

1. I

Etymotic ER2XR Review (IEM)

Has anyone tried the double flanged Spinfit CP240 tips, and if so what size do you find closest to the standard/small Ety frosted tips? I've read on head-fi that they're really good but even the smallest one is wider than the standard Ety frosted tip. I tried some Etymotic double flange tips...
  2. I

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

AudioSanctuary have started stocking replacement contact springs ... not a repair I'd want to carry out myself given the delicacy of those wires
  3. I

Hifiman Sundara vs Sennheiser HD650 – Is there an ultimate conclusion?

"Veil" is a bit strong imo. The HD650 is slightly deficient around 7-8kHz compared to the HD600. It's narrow but noticeable on some songs. This is very easily lifted with EQ.
  4. I

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

This sounds like a good approach. The HD560S are very good, and the concept of "upgrade" is largely linked to price. EQ is the best true upgrade to begin with as others have said. The fact you started out already thinking "they sound good" means you might not need anything more anyway. At the...
  5. I

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I'm interested to know how the E3 compares to HD650 if you have thoughts to share? Preferably with EQ as the bass difference is going to be most noticeable but also what most people EQ on the HD650 anyway.
  6. I

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

At risk of putting my foot in it... @taotone I never really understand this line of argument which has been brought up before. I think if @amirm was misinterpreting the research then those behind the research itself wouldn't be referencing his measurements. I'm also always interested to know...
  7. I

What else matters on the sound of a headphone besides the Harman curve and distortion?

Put it on in the background as not too invested but it sounded weirdly confrontational
  8. I

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

Another IEM that measures well but has absolutely no innovation in terms of fit or isolation which for me and many others is the raison d'être for IEMs.
  9. I

AKG K245 Review

Do you mind giving these filters a go with the stock pads and let me know what you think? Preamp: -13.1 dB Filter 1: ON LSC Fc 100 Hz Gain 3.0 dB Q 0.800 Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1430 Hz Gain 3.0 dB Q 1.800 Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4830 Hz Gain 13.0 dB Q 4.000 Low shelf to taste as you know bass is...
  10. I

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse, but it's fairly clear to me that the meaning of "pinna interaction" that @olieb is using is the distortion of soundwaves due to interacting with the ear, which obviously doesn't occur with IEMs because the source of the sound is inside your ear...
  11. I

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

"sound tone timbre same" ... "sound" :facepalm: so, maybe they sound the same but that's all, seems pretty good to me
  12. I

Sennheiser IE200

Been using some EQ to bring my ER2XR closer to the IE200 and I must say I think I prefer it. It's not an exact match and I don't think would be possible anyway due to the different fitting - it's hard to see where the 8kHz resonance peak is on the Sennheiser. But the lower 2.7kHz "peak" and...
  13. I

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I would definitely invest in making a simple flat plate coupler if I were into collecting high-end headphones as much as you are. Would make it trivial to diagnose any obvious problems and in the bass you could even make direct comparisons with other headphones to some extent (less so with...
  14. I

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

Buy some decent earplugs (Etymotic or Sennheiser are my recs) for live music. Will make the live music sound better and retain your hearing so your music sounds better at home too!
  15. I

HD600 vs HD650

You're correct the rear foam brings up some middle frequencies too. See here from my post on another thread comparing HD545 (same baffle + driver construction): Not only is the bass lowered by there is an increase of a few dB centered around 3kHz. So I imagine, looking at your measurement...
  16. I

Hardware & Sound Personalization DSP Measurements of the Denon PerL & Nura NuraTrue Earbuds

This is a great write-up thank you! Would it be at all revealing to complete the Masimo test in your own ears then measure on the GRAS to see how your own in-ear frequency response differs to the GRAS? You could then presumably use the difference to EQ your Blessing 2 (or any other IEM) to your...
  17. I

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Reviews/ click recommended twice to sort "yes" first
  18. I

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

I think I agree with you for headphones but for IEMs this is way too reductive because individual fit is a factor. Only deep insertion IEMs fit my ears without constantly falling out but the cheapest Etymotic model is the ER2XR at $130. Not to mention they are still the best isolating IEMs, so...
Top Bottom