Search results

1. B

Lyrical response

I"m on a thread in a sports forum that's generated some interesting responses. Bold any word, theme or phrase from the previous response in your song lyrics reply. I'll start with a long one to give plenty of choices: The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down Of the big lake they called...
  2. B

Just dreadful. We left after 2 hours ready to slit our wrists. What a mental masturbation pos. Yes, we need to be nice to each other and the planet. Doesn't take 3 hours to make the point. And don't try to manipulate me, there's enough bad shite in the real world to cry about. That said...
  3. B

Best Christmas tracks/albums for audiophiles

Listening to Amazon Holiday jazz in hd while finishing up the tree (back is killing me. No idea why my wife wants a huge tree). So far nothing that strikes me as spectacular. Nat King Cole is pretty good stuff but...Any suggestions?
  4. B

Lip Synch issues

Lip synch is off on 2 separate systems for me. One is through a receiver via high speed hdmi. One is through TV speakers. Both have video ahead of audio but it doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes it syncs. Seems like that would mean the source is the problem. Both are steaming through the...
  5. B

Where the Crawdads Sing

It won't test your equipment but will test your mind. Still thinking about it 2 days later. Streaming on Netflix.
  6. B

speaker grill replacement/repair

While at a friends home, I helped set up a fairly modest system for them. They could use some speakers and I found an old pair of Bose 201's (please hold the criticism, bought many years ago) in my basement that I plan on gifting them for Christmas. They have small nicks on a couple spots but...
  7. B

PCM versus bitrate

using ARC Hdmi from my tv to a receiver. Is there a definite advantage to using PCM over bitrate out to stream from tv for music?. The disadvantage of PCM is that, at least in my x3500, it doesn't deliver dolby surround soundtracks for movies.
  8. B

To Atmos or not

We're all looking for the best sound. Perhaps some here not in movies, but I am. Got 2 extra very adequate atmos speakers after upgrading fronts. Receiver can accomodate atmos and I play music in stereo so nothing to lose there. Huge room but it already sounds very good to me for movies...
  9. B

Favorite tracks to appreciate your speakers

Assuming a quality source, what are some of your favorite tracks to confirm the quality of your equipment or someone else's? I favor songs I know well and/or have seen live in a good venue. Here are 3 from me to start: Rob Ickes and Trey Hensley "Pride and Joy", Haley Westenra "Dark Waltz"...
Top Bottom