Search results

1. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Add me to the failure list, opened my E30/L30 stack this weekend (happy birthday me!) and plugged it in for the first time at work this morning. Got an E-d message on the E30 as soon as I plugged it in and came here to find that it's DOA. :'(
  2. J

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Update: Apos is RMA'ing my unit, I asked if they could fill me in on what had happened to mine as I seem to have been the only person who had this happen. Anyone have any clue what could have caused this or what even happened?
  3. J

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Mine died yesterday after only a couple months of use. Sat down to my computer to relax and my right channel had either very low or no sound. checked the headphone connections and they were fine, went to unplug and replug in the 1/4" and the right channel had a incredibly loud "POP!" as the jack...
  4. J

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Can we start a club? I freaking love this combo :D
  5. J

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I'll add another vote for the Fiio Q3! Mine should be delivered early next week and I've no qualms sending it off to Amir for testing. Let me know :)
  6. J

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I'd love to see how this fares with a 5v power supply vs USB power
  7. J

Topping D90 Preliminary Impression/Measurment

But he mentioned that their products have excellent measured performance...I thought mentioning such things was verboten????
  8. J

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

super-excited for this!!! http://www.tpdz.net/news_detail/newsId=95.html Just realized I'm a hair late to this party, but excited none-the-less...AK4499 here I come :D
  9. J

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

using mine as dac-only with my 789, as I preferred the sound to the SU-8 v2. Whether it was placebo or not, the SU-8 sounded cold and lifeless to me and I much preferred the sound of the DX3 every time.
  10. J

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Couldn't find where this has been accomplished yet; any timeline for this comparison? I'm quite interested in the results of this shootout.
  11. J

I absolutely love my DX3 Pro, I would recommend it hands-down to anyone.
  12. J

New SMSL M300

Any updates for the test sample? Holding off on purchase for the test results ;)
  13. J

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

That's what I was referencing, I didn't see any mention as to how long he used the SMSL. I was just curious if he used solely the SU-8 for a week if his ears would get used to it, as it seems his brain is finely tuned to the nuances of his M-Audio. I did appreciate how he gave it a second listen...
  14. J

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I'd be curious if you used solely the SU-8 for a week and then went back to the M-Audio, if you would find the mids recessed and disagreeable on it:p
  15. J

Looks like someone stayed logged in on a public computer lol
  16. J

More worried about a kid, pet, or clumsy self tugging the cord sideways; pigtails let the cable unplug before stressing anything expensive.
  17. J

I'd recommend a pigtail adapter like this, as a regular adapter could put a ton of stress on the 3.5mm socket if your cable gets pulled or caught.
  18. J

has anyone had theirs shut down while operating as DAC only?
  19. J

Sorry for the rookie question, but what's the benefit of two chips in a non-balanced dac?
Top Bottom