Search results

1. W

Topping DX3 Pro+

Thank you, ordered from Apos, I'll see how it goes and report back if the experience was bad.
  2. W

Topping DX3 Pro+

Anyone know where these are available in the USA?
  3. W

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Two questions: - Does this have a remote? The original DX3Pro did. - Where can I buy one in the USA with some confidence in case it fails? My original DX3Pro had the failure that the original model became somewhat known for.
  4. W

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Audioquest selling an "audiophile" product made of 100% snake oil? Who would have thought that of these fine folks? /s
  5. W

The Truth Pre Amp Review

Unless I am mistaken, the first photo with the lid off shows 1 side of the 120AC line going somewhere, and the other side going to the chassis ground, interrupted by a switch. This is what the world used to call a "hot chassis" TV set from the 60s and 70s, and there's a reason why these are no...
  6. W

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the modern accepted definition of a "streamer" is these days? I'm a little lost here and thanks.
  7. W

Hifiman HE400i Review (planar headphone)

How is Amir applying EQ to these headphones? Can someone kindly explain what gear is used to do this?
  8. W

Amir's test tracks - is there a list?

Hold On My Heart really has a nice laid-back vibe, with some healthy lower octaves. Good choice.
  9. W

Interesting. I was thinking you were using either "Dance On a Volcano" or "Squonk" from "Trick of the Tail" as an exercise in bass response.
  10. W

I think you made reference to a Genesis track in one of your reviews, and I'm very curious which one that might be. Big fan of theirs from back in the day, saw them live quite a few times and their light show never disappointed. Those bass pedals didn't disappoint either.
  11. W

Is there a list somewhere of Amir's audio test tracks? I'm speaking of music tracks and not test signals/tones. Enquiring minds want to know, and thanks.
  12. W

Rega Fono MM MK3 Phono Preamp Review

From the review: "Both are far better than anything the LP as a format can produce." Can someone tell me what the LP format can do if terms of S/N, dynamic range, frequency response, etc? I don't think I've ever seen the performance limits of the LP format summarized anywhere.
  13. W

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

Simple but sincere question - who the hell buys these things? What is the target market?
  14. W

Sehlin Helium DIY Speaker Review

How good could something that small really be? If the job for the day is to move air something that small is going to have a hard time. Side question: is there anything this small-ish that is considered a good sounding speaker? NHT Super Zero maybe?
  15. W

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks to everyone who confirmed this box works fine with Linux. Now - where to buy one of these in the USA? I'm pretty wary of buying consumer electronic equipment on Amazon given their problems with co-mingling inventory from different sellers. Is there a good, reliable, and trustworthy...
  16. W

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Can anyone attest to whether this system is recognized and performs correctly with recent Linux distributions? I'm going to bet it does given RME's attention to detail, but I'd like to hear it from someone who's done it.
  17. W

Teardown of IOM NCore Pro PWR Amp

Not familiar with this design at all - so sorry, here comes the noob question: Why doesn't this thing have any heatsinks?
  18. W

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Before my DX3Pro quit and had to be returned I had several issues with the front panel headphone jack. I think that particular component is prone to failure - it certainly was for me.
  19. W

Review and measurements of Oppo HA-1 DAC & Amp

I have one of these and it is a real beauty - but boy does it run hot! Expected I know, but it will put some heat into a small room.
  20. W

Review and Measurements of Audioengine D3 DAC & Amp

I have this for my travels and it works well - certainly runs warm as you have noted. I searched to see if you've ever done the full measurements of the Audioengine D1 "desktop" dac/amp and I couldn't find it. Any chance you might take a look at that one as well?
Top Bottom