Search results

1. D

Are headsets bad? I don't see it.

It seems like audiophiles do not take headsets seriously. In a Youtube video, famous audiophile Crinacle mentioned that buying a headset is hardly ever worth anyones money, even for gamers. He recommended going for third-party microphone solutions instead. Judging by reviews and frequency...
  2. D

"Non-Vented" IEMs? Is this a thing?

I just saw a review about the "Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite" (feel free to tell me how to make this video smaller): This is not about this particular IEM, but the reviewer said whats special about it is that it is not "vented", so it seals/isolates better but the pressure can become uncomfortable...
  3. D

Lossless vs well-ripped lossy files

Before I went down the "audiophile" rabbit hole, I ripped most of my CDs as 192kb ogg files (a lossy format which is considered to be better than mp3). I made a frequency analysis using the software "Audacity". The frequencies which have been cut off are easily below 20hz and over 20000hz. This...
  4. D

Are they just selling the same driver several times? (Fostex TH-610)

The Fostex TH-610 was the first (I think) of several high-end headphones with a remarkably similar frequency response. Some are sold for 300, others are sold for like 1500. It is a good headphone, dont get me wrong. I am talking about the Fostex TH900, Fostex TH909, E-Mu Teak, Denon AH-5200...
  5. D

The more ohm the better (Beyerdynamic, Superlux etc.)? Is there any science to back this up?

I own a Beyerdynamic 880 Edition 32 Ohm. And I have read so often in forums that this version is the worst, and that the 600 ohm version is even better than the 250 ohm version. I know that Tyll Hertsens once said in a Youtube video that he doesnt like the 32 ohm version. The main argument I...
  6. D

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

Many words have been written in this forum about the Crinacle x Truthear Zero, and how cheap it is for its sound. Now as some of you surely know, there is also another "Zero" for an even cheaper price - 7hz Salnotes Zero. I guess many people have not even realized yet that these are not the...
  7. D

Guide: How to create your own target curve (and to load it into Crinacles EQ software).

There might be more comfortable ways to do so, but maybe someone is interested how I created my own target curve and uploaded it into Crinacles EQ Software. I am not a native speaker so I hope I can explain this well enough. 1) First you go to the AutoEQ website by Jaakko Pasanen and download...
  8. D

The IEM Harman Target 2019 sounds "off" to me. Is it just me?

I recently purchased an Etymotic ER4XR. If you do so, you get a certificate with measurements that the drivers are matched within 1 DB. They already sounded pretty great to my ears out of the box. :) Still, I was curious how they sound if I EQ them to the Harman Target. I used the Harman tuning...
Top Bottom