Search results

1. T

Correcting for imperfect placement

I have a set of speakers sitting on a wide fireplace mantel, around 7" away from the front (irregular stone) wall. My speakers recommend 2' spacing, but the room just doesn't allow ideal placement. I have software room correction in place, but are there physical treatment solutions I should be...
  2. T

Genelec to streamer connections

Hi all, After collecting community feedback and reviewing too many spinoramas, talking to genelec, I've elected to build a stereo system with two Genelec 8361a's and a GLM kit. Now my question focuses on how to connect the speakers to my streamer to optimize quality. I intend to use a Yamaha...
  3. T

Working from the speakers backwards

Extremely suboptimal, I agree. But with no real opportunity to demo gear, I'm not sure what better solutions exist.
  4. T

Amazing the challenge that filling this room (around 200 cubic meters, on just the sitting side of the fireplace) presents. I'm leaning towards the Genelecs 8361a, though I'm concerned the manufacturer's own documentation suggests I'm pushing the listening distance and room volume just past...
  5. T

I'm partial to a a certain tonality, though I'd struggle to define it beyond 'warm'. I'll say this - the last time I tried putting together a stereo system by myself I went with Klipsch, entirely due to stupid reasons - marketing and the beautiful copper color of their woofers. Well, turns out...
  6. T

It's... Large. The room is 30'x26', with 10' ceilings that vault to 15'. The room is devided by a 14' wide fireplace with walkways on either side, separating the seating area into a 14'x30' space. The speakers will either be in front of the fireplace with limited clearance, or on the sides...
  7. T

I'm learning now these rabbit holes can be quite deep o_O Truth is, I don't have a golden ear. All I want is warm, rich sound.... But with no way to audition gear, finding the right answer looks like the challenge!
  8. T

Curious as to why there are so many voices for active speakers in this thread. What about my particular set up implies active is the way to go?
  9. T

Unfortunately, they don't demo anything without me agreeing to a consultation. Not a very friendly way of doing business, but the only other dealer in my area only carries Paradigm, Sonus Faber, and Wilson speakers - which is limiting, particularly when none rank too highly on this forum's...
  10. T

This system would be going into the main living room, so my ability to move furniture closer is limited. I'll measure out the room when Im home later today. Part of my thinking with the minidsp was the dirac correction; I was planning to purchase a microphone with that. Not sure where to even...
  11. T

I haven't found any dealers in my region with these speakers, unfortunately. There's a large hifi shop a few hours away that demos Triangle, Dali, YG acoustics, monitor, dynaudio and ELAC gear, but they charge a several hundred dollar consultation fee and don't carry the Revel for comparison. I...
  12. T

I'm looking to put together the best sounding 2.1 system I can for my living room, with a maximum budget of 10K. The room is quite large, with vaulted ceilings, and I'll be listening from approximately 10' away. I'll primarily be using a streaming source such as Tidal. I've been reading...
  13. T

Balanced system purchase

What would the purpose of the miniDSP be in this instance? The Yamaha already offers room correction and has the DAC components; I'm confused with some feedback saying cut the extras and others saying components should be kept but swapped for alternatives.
  14. T

Balanced system purchase

This system is going to be my primary listening room, no thoughts of going home theater in the future but always happy to leave a door open for future upgrades for music. Sitting around 10' from the speakers in a large room. Want the experience of listening to be front and center, but an...
  15. T

Balanced system purchase

Sorry, I should have mentioned - I have a Yamaha musiccast multi-room system going, so the streamer portion is pretty set unless it's going to be a significant quality issue. I believe the built in DAC is bypass-able, if that's a hang point. Should also mention I generally like warmer sound, as...
  16. T

Balanced system purchase

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on my first real hifi system, and looking for general input on the components I'm planning to put together - especially where the budget is being well spent, and where it might be less effective. Yamaha WXC-50 streamer Ayre CODEX DAC Parasound Halo HINT 6...
Top Bottom