Search results

1. L

KEF ls50 META wall mounts

Current system is 7.4.4. (all KEF) I would like to replace my KEF3005SE currently used for surround left and right. Ideally, the new speakers would be able to angle to my listening position, however, this means angleing the speaker on 2 axis by about 30 degrees. I have found reference that...
  2. L

Denon x4800h vs marantz cinema 40

Chooing between Denon 4800 vs marantz cinema 40. I'm aware there 2 are more similar than different. Using external amplifiers (via the preouts on the back), am I correct saying the marantz is capable of higher output before clipping? Would this include the sub outs? ASR forums shows that some...
  3. L

Most powerful ultra portable headphone dongle?

Hello all, I'm looking for a IEM dongle for running. Currently using the apple one (android phone) with truthear hola IEMs. Sound quality is great, but they don't go loud enough, and I have an even less efficient pair of IEMs on the way. Best I've found for power online is the tempotec...
  4. L

Amazon music HD with android phone

Hi all, I have just bought a new phone (xaomi k50) and am shocked to find it doesn't have a 3.5mm out! Bought a apple dongle (US version), but alas, only get enough volume through my IEMs (1more quad) when the phones native 'dolby atmos' mode is enabled. Dolby Atmos really quite good at...
  5. L

Hifiman Ananda

Hello, Aim: I want the best sounding mobile headphone setup possible. This could be high efficiency phones using my mobile to drive, or lower efficiency, but with a small light dongle (such as the E1DA) I am currently using Superlux HD861 headphones with the official velour pads. System is now...
  6. L

Low distortion headphone for use with EQ

Hello all, I have been getting into headphones thanks to this forum recently and am now looking into purchasing low distortion headphones. Why distortion and not FR? I like many have EQ available to tune a headphone to the Harman curve using either Amir or Oratory's settings, and would always...
  7. L

Active convolution with surround sound

Hello all, (This thread is as much for me to put my thoughts down in words for myself, as it is for advice. This thread will be too confusing for many, I'm trying to simplify it all I can!) I have to make some decisions on my system going forward. Currently using: -Hypex NCore 3 way plate...
  8. L

Speakers ranked by spinorama with EQ and sub

I see some fantastic results for the JBL stage a130 are obtainable with EQ now. 8.4 (with sub and EQ) would put them very near the top of the speaker ranking chart. IS there a rank order list for speakers with EQ profiles applied and sub attached? I would assume the KEF R3 would score very highly?
  9. L

How bad is this exactly...

Hi all, Am currently installing cables for Atmos speakers on the ceiling and was wondering exactly how bad I can expect the effect of repeatedly (10+ crossings) running speaker cable over 220v mains cables to be. I'm aware the standard answer is at speaker driver level: ' no effect'...
Top Bottom