Search results

1. H

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Sounds crazy, but I wish they would simply quit limiting the stereo mixes! It doesn't look like that will EVER happen, so continue to preach it. I am all in on the Atmos dynamics, especially this particular release.
  2. H

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

No way. Sounds great. Mix could certainly be more active, but I dig the dynamics.
  3. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

You can decode Atmos through software, and channel map the output channels using Matrix Mixer in Foobar2000, or the built-in DSP in JRiver.
  4. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Does Dirac even work @ 96?
  5. H

Atmos finally decoded in PC/Mac

Have you sat down and made any comparisons? Can you point to a specific selection, and hear something is missing or not moving? Do you personally think it sounds off? Edit... I only listen to Atmos music, and personally I think the decoded Atmos sounds great. I am trying to get a mental image of...
  6. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I have. I like having four tops. It sounded better than only 2. All my channels go low, so the (.1) channel is redundant. My TV is in the way for a perfectly integrated center channel. I prefer a phantom center channel for music. I don't listen to Atmos when I watch movies, only music.
  7. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I am not a movie person. Strictly multichannel/immersive music. AVR's, center channels, and subwoofers are great for home theatre movies. I prefer a different direction for music.
  8. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Hopefully they are simply taking baby steps toward a future model with 12 output channels. I have saved all my Atmos music 7.1.4 decodes, for when I upgrade one day. For now, I am content with the 4.0.4 down-mixes.
  9. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

USB, 12 channel PCM for decoded Atmos MUSIC files. A 7.1.4 speaker configuration. I am now limited to 8 channels, so I am running a 4.0.4 setup for Atmos music using a previous generation MiniDSP, USB DAC.
  10. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Nobody said it did, but thanks for pointing that out to the people who haven't read the specs or thread. Again, the connections are there for 12+ channels, and it is a shame that it doesn't support it for 12+ channel decoded Atmos music. I won't be buying one or two of them. Still an interesting...
  11. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Too bad it doesn't support 16 channel output for decoded Atmos music, considering the connections are all there.
  12. H

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Not really. You haven't added anything to the discussion. Did someone pee in your cornflakes this morning?
  13. H

New SMSL AL200 Intergrated Amplifier

He specifically mentioned subwoofer volume. I guess he is going to be disappointed.
  14. H

As others have mentioned, some good sound color can be pleasing. Also, the word synergy comes to mind. Some preamps just sound better with some amps. I tried to use the built in volume/gain of my NAD amps, and it sounded terrible.
  15. H

Atmos finally decoded in PC/Mac

There is no "dynamic movement". Atmos is decoded based on the channel settings. 5.1.2, 7.1.4, ect.
  16. H

I have always thought a quality preamp adds to the sound quality, but it will depend on how the preamp in the DAC is handling the duties.
  17. H

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

No media player is perfect so I go between these two and a couple others. Adobe Audition also has channel mapping but it isn't a media player. Also, you can use jRiver audio output in Kodi, and take advantage of the mapping. I use jRiver and Foobar the most.
  18. H

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

jRiver, Foobar2000 with Matrix Mixer are two.
  19. H

I have no issues with my Harmony Hub and Companion remote.
Top Bottom