Search results

1. olbobcat

The Death of Windows 10

Yes, the sooner you accept that anybody can get everyone's information, the more at ease you will be. The more "secure" data out there the less chance you are the victim. It's like when the fish spiral and the whales lunge, the whales can't get them all. There will be very little privacy in the...
  2. olbobcat

The Death of Windows 10

I started my journey on a commodore 64. I worked at a store assembling Apple computers. I once paid $900 for a 60MB hard drive (wholesale). Build a memory card? Dialup! There were no "good ole days". I am happy to embrace the new tech. Have a new 12genI7 mini PC on preorder, will add 64 GB ram...
  3. olbobcat

The Death of Windows 10

It is not that it does not work for me, it's all the extra bloat that I don't need and nothing to make my life simpler in the OS. I started working on computers in the DOS days. I don't think I should have to go command line to do some of the simple tasks. Basically, the operating system has...
  4. olbobcat

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

I have watched some of these movies listed over 10 times. Two of my favorite newer films would be Interstellar Ex Machina also a big fan of Pixar's Nine And the dystopian film Children of Men. Do you want some epic steampunk? City of Lost Children
  5. olbobcat

The Truth About HiFi Network Devices

I have had AV on Hard Drives for so many years it is hard to figure out exactly when I started. All my CDs and DVDs reside in cake boxes. There is a lot to it. It can drive you nuts thinking about it. I love streaming both Audio and Video as well. The biggest factor I see in all of it is what...
  6. olbobcat

Best low budget movies.

You look at all the great movies that Channel 4 has had, it is just crazy.
  7. olbobcat

Best low budget movies.

I have that one in my collection, forever. In the same era is Christopher Nolan"s Following which was $6000usd. AMC+ and Tubi.
  8. olbobcat

Best low budget movies.

It is free to watch on youtube. A true low buget movie
  9. olbobcat

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Devin Turnball is doing that with the Ojas speakers, His original kit was KD or RTA whichever you prefer to use. Ikea would be a better partner Than HD. All the KD manufacturing and worldwide distribution.
  10. olbobcat

I have always felt the same way. I have short built-in cabinets that my speakers have to go on top of which is a unique situation. When I move to a new location I hope to go back to BA cabinets.
  11. olbobcat

The Vestlyd reminds me of Tannoy. Looks like they have 15's as well I would love to hear both of them. Music Direct has to have a pair of Mofi. Might have to take a field trip. Not in the market for anything but always interested with what is out there.
  12. olbobcat

Refreshing movies worth watching

I have known too many sick degenerate gamblers in my life to enjoy Uncut gems. It was a little too familiar for me. If you like that the movie The Cooler is a really good with William H Macy
  13. olbobcat

Still one of my favorites.
  14. olbobcat

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

I am confused. Which is better High End or The Upper End?
  15. olbobcat

If you check out the Film4 Production company website it will amaze you how many good movies they have made over the years.
  16. olbobcat

Comparing Buckeye and VTV Purifi Amps

Not worried at all, not much difference when I am all-stock Purify and a stock power supply. Has a nice case. Using it to bi-amp with my Luxman $4500 amp. This is the cheapest main amp I have owned in 15 years. Love it.
  17. olbobcat

Comparing Buckeye and VTV Purifi Amps

If you buy the original Puifi from VTV it is $1000.
  18. olbobcat

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

I still play some vinyl and actually have a second turntable set up in mono.
  19. olbobcat

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

Just to let you know I am so old that I actually had a quadrophonic system back in the day. I only had a few quad LPs though.
  20. olbobcat

Audiophilia and its discontents

I would think most types of live music would have similar problems.
Top Bottom