Search results

1. O

How good is a DSP?

I will do just that. I will try first with my PC and see if there is a big difference. Thank you. However, I think in the end I will end up buying it because I would like in the future to get a subwoofer, and perhaps it is better to buy them in phases in order to avoid spending too much money...
  2. O

How good is a DSP?

My main source of music is through Bluetooth (LDAC). My system is in the living room connected to the TV through an optical cable, but my main goal is to achieve the best sound quality when I sit on the couch listening to music via Bluetooth. Since I live in Europe, I would need to spend...
  3. O

How good is a DSP?

Hello everyone, I would like to know your opinion on the improvement in sound quality I would get if I were to buy, for example, a Mini DSP Flex + Dirac license. Currently, my setup includes: 2x Genelec 8040 and a Topping EX5. Room size 4m x 10m Should I replace the EX5 with a Mini DSP Flex...
  4. O

My first and special Hi Fi system

I have bought the 8040 and the EX5 and they soundd GREATTTT. Thank you very much. At first I was a bit concercened because they sounded a too bright and dull. Then I ajusted the Treble tilt control to -4db and now they sound great. I don't know if it was the ajustment that made it sound...
  5. O

I have found. It seems it costs 200usd plus the 120€micro. It's too much :/ https://www.minidsp.com/products/plugins/minidsp-flex-dirac-live-upgrade-detail?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhY-aBhCUARIsALNIC06vW05b1-WXxdF1vgGa53Q8myne9N_Ptg6g8vedpL2Yhkpy57zXPN4aAiqiEALw_wcB
  6. O

Thank you. To use the dirac I will have to buy a license, right? From what I have read it is not cheap... I don't know the exact price because it is difficult to see in their website. I checked the minidsp website and they say that I will need have at least a umik 1 (microphone) which costs...
  7. O

Thank you again for you help. Yes they work well, the only problem is that I'm running out of kidneys xD Tomorrow I will go to the store to buy the Genelec 8040, I hope that they are still there, because there were only 2 left on friday. Regarding the DAC, I'm undecided, I don't know if I go...
  8. O

Thank you again. This will be the last pack of question, sorry to bother you with this. 1 - If I decide to buy a sub, what do I need to do to make it work? Will any sub pair nicely with the genelec speakers? Do you have any tutorial? 2 - Is it possible to connect a Sub to EX5? 3 - Are there...
  9. O

Sorry for the late reply, but I was in a refletion mode. Yes, this is exactly it. There are several speakers you can try there. I still haven't decided which option I should choose. After talking with my doctor, he told me that the kidney market is hot right now, so I now have another...
  10. O

Thank you again for your support. I think I'll hold off on purchasing the subwoffer for another occasion because firstly they are very expensive, and secondly they have to be pretty so I can convince my girlfriend to let me put one in the living room. The price of the SVS 3000 Micro is around...
  11. O

Yesterday I went to musicstore and I tried out the speakers. They sound pretty good indeed, but now I have a few more questions. (sorry) I think I liked the 8040 more, maybe it is because of the higher bass. They are much more expensive compared to the 8030, but is the money difference worth...
  12. O

Thank you all for your support. As some of you ask, I have recently moved to Cologne-Germany. From your recommendations, the Genelec 8030C with a Topping EX5 seems a good option. Some of you point that a Subwoofer is a must. Is it possible to include one in this system? I previouly said that...
  13. O

Thank you all for your quick replies. Very active community, that is wonderful. So, I will give you all the information requested: - Max Budget 1500€ (It is a lot for me, but I'm willing to go a bit further if the system is worth the money and reliable for years) - Distance from speakers (2...
  14. O

Hello, I would like to have your help setting up my first hi fi system. As you can imagine, I'm a big noob, and I don't know much about this subject. One thing I know, I enjoy, like the most of you, to listen to music with a good sound quality. This is why I want to build a nice Hi Fi system...
Top Bottom