Search results

1. S

What is the best cheap dongle dac for android nowadays?

The new Fiio ka11 has me very interested.
  2. S

Best cheap USB-C headphone dongles?

Copy/paste my posts from another thread : D A quick comparison of 2 USB C dongles, Macbook Pro 2021 16-in built-in DAC, and a bit of Motu M2. ****** ****** Because of delivery delay, I bought 2 dongles and received both today...
  3. S

Anker USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter

I was courious to compare the dongles on a 4k desktop listening system. Not my primary floorstanding setup but still good enough to make the comparison easier. I cannot tell the difference between the Anker dongle and MCSPER. Mac built-in DAC is slightly better, but only barely. On Motu M2, I...
  4. S

Because of delivery delay, I bought 2 dongles and received both today. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y7YXHSB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z3B5QL3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Did a quick test on Macbook pro with HD6XX. Difference is minor and...
  5. S

Best cheap USB-C headphone dongles?

Anyone have experience with the Anker dongle DAC? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z3B5QL3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's almost twice as expensive as many dongle DACs. I wonder what Anker's reason is to justify the asking price.
  6. S

^^^ That's probably true. And it makes me wonder why the Anker dongle is almost twice as expensive as many other dongle DACs.
  7. S

Just bought one,,, very curious...
  8. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

What is the output impedence of the D90? I'm tempted by the D90 and SMSL M400, but from what I read the SMSL has a rather high output impedence of about 1k.
  9. S

Best audio interface for $ 200

Yeah Motu M2 in terms of audio quality (input/output) and feature.
  10. S

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

If it wasn't for the Topping DACs, the Modius would not have existed. At least not this early. Whichever product you choose, be thankful of the competition.
  11. S

How good are audio interfaces' headphone amp and DAC?

This guy felt the M2 headphone amp sounds worse than the 400-dollar Monoprice THX AAA 887 Amp, possibly because of lack of power. In the meantime, he praised the its DAC and happily replaced SMSL-SU8 with the M2. So that's a nice head-to-head comprison with dedicated amp/dac.
  12. S

Yes, that will work. Many interfaces officially support iOS (and maybe Android too?), so a powered hub is the right way to do it.
  13. S

You mean cannot use a phone as power source? Given the size of most interfaces, they are most used in a desktop setup and that sounds reasonable to me.
  14. S

According to this guy from 2:55 the M2 has pretty good headphone out and line out for studio monitors. He also said around 50 sec that deciding factor of good recording/playback sound quality is the mic and headphone rather than the interface. The M2 is looking tempting. from 2:16 better...
  15. S

Thanks. I'm not a headphone person and just wanted to get a general idea what to expect. The other type of DAC that have mic-in and headphone-out is what they call 'gaming DAC', including some Schiit/Creative/Mayflower models. Not sure how good those are...
  16. S

Thanks. Yeah according to this video, the M2 has the best headphone amp. I just wasn't sure how good it is compared to 'normal' headphone amps. Or, how good of a headphone it can serve before bottlenecking the overall performance, a 200-dollar headphone? Assuming the M2 can provide sufficient...
  17. S

I'm looking to add mic-in and headphone-out capability to my computer desktop 2-channel system. After some research, audio interface seems to deliver what I want. Its mic-in part should have very good audio quality, but what about its headphone-amp and DAC part, how do they compare to similarly...
  18. S

Schiit Hel

I may have found what I'm really looking for: audio interface. It adds mic-in and headphone capability to your desktop system without altering what's currently used. For a simpler solution, a USB mic will do and it can also provide a headphone jack.
  19. S

Topping D90 vs Denafrips Ares II?

Thank you for the sensible post. Much appreciate you taking the time. I kinda figured out your analogy myself thus refrained from further posting.
Top Bottom