Search results

1. Ahmonge

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Yes, Anandas are hit or miss because lack of swivel. Hifiman’s headbands for entry to mid level headphones are subpar, from my point of view. Only Aryas and more expensive models get a decent headband.
  2. Ahmonge

And new Anandas as well.
  3. Ahmonge

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Great job, @Rja4000! Would it be possible to run the 16 vs 24 bits at -90 DBFS with a higher fequency, let’s say 10,000 Hz?
  4. Ahmonge

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I have The Quad, as they might have called the D30 Pro, and it sounds excellent.
  5. Ahmonge

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

One of the best single-ended headphone amps out there. I have been enjoying it for a year and a half, along with the DAC D30 Pro. A match made in heaven.
  6. Ahmonge

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Noire has perforated pads on the front inner side
  7. Ahmonge

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

In fact, headphones are far more powered than speakers. Any decent desktop HP amp brings at least 1W of power between 16 and 32 Ohms, and several hundred miliwatts up to 300 Ohms, and the headphones have sensibilities between 84 and 100 dB/mW, most of then past 90 dB/mW, while loudspeakers have...
  8. Ahmonge

As far as I know, no. Sooner or later, all models will be discontinued. This is due to the way electronics are manufactured nowadays: the design is made, it is validated, the number of units to be manufactured in a first batch is established, the necessary purchases are made with suppliers...
  9. Ahmonge

One more reason to keep my Anandas from 2020.
  10. Ahmonge

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

That seems normal, taking into account your room temperature.
  11. Ahmonge

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

The DC protection for amps with DC coupling design is their responsibility. It does not seem logical to me to ask the connected equipment to guarantee the absence of DC, because, although it must be so, this does not protect against a failure in the amplifier itself. The allowed level of 12...
  12. Ahmonge

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

This is for the PA3, but perhaps is useful for the PA3s as well Post in thread 'Topping PA3: subjective impressions' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-pa3-subjective-impressions.7642/post-573109
  13. Ahmonge

DF = headphones impedance / amplifier’s output impedance if the headphone has more impedance, the DF increases.
  14. Ahmonge

Just cut off the AC with the back switch and the noise is gone.
  15. Ahmonge

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

I don't understand how they dare to publish these erroneous tracks that can damage the equipment that reproduces them.
  16. Ahmonge

Least microphonic cable?

I am looking for a replacement cable for my Aeon 2 Noire that is less noisy and more flexible than the default one. By "noisy" I mean minimizing the noise transmitted to the cups from rubbing on clothing. I also want it to be as flexible as possible, i.e. not to retain its shape. Can you help me...
  17. Ahmonge

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Rest assured that if there were a chance to end the universe, it would have already been discovered by some audiophile fond of these miraculous sound-enhancing devices, so popular in high end audio.
  18. Ahmonge

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Dan Clark Audio has an top notch customer service, which is -for me- as important as a good product offering.
  19. Ahmonge

Snake Oil Department, Top This

“Customer-direct pricing without dealer or distributor markup”. How can you not trust a company that takes care of its customers like this?
Top Bottom