Search results

1. E

Yamaha NS 1000 experiences

After reading so many enthusiastic comments on these speakers, I decided to join the club and bought a very nice used pair. After listening for a few weeks I was still very impressed. Unfortunately I was using a Chord Mojo line out. This Dac does not mémorise the volume used, so on turning on...
  2. E

Over engineering

I have not seen this description used in this forum. This phrase plus the term diminishing returns, although both are negatives they can also be informative.
  3. E

Recording engineer jargon

I have often heard recording engineers prononce the phrase"Retrieving side Information". Anybody know exactly what that is, and how it is measured?
  4. E

Chord Mojo

Sorry folks, I read all the numbers and reviews, but I replaced my RME Dac in my main system with the cheapest 7 year old Chord Mojo, line out, I don't use headphones, portable or otherwise. Results: Significant sound improvement.
  5. E

Devialet

Is Devialet a commercial success? I like their products but will they survive a back up their warranty? It worry's me.
  6. E

How to read into Amir's measurements?

Where in the speaker graphs and measurement posted in the reviews can I see if a speaker has correct voice timber? This is probably the most important starting point in speaker selection and it's design.
  7. E

Magico How to kill a 300,000 sale in the audiophile world

I just watched a 30 minute audiophile docu-info on youtube. The owner, a highly qualified musician and serious technician. His whole premice on speakers is that the box should be solid; He makes speakers boxed in extruded aluminium, crazy expensive with ordinary drivers, his factory is...
  8. E

Vintage SEAS Boomers

Could someone with experience explain why vintage seas drivers with very small magnet sound so good or even better then speakers with huge magnets. Why do some modern manufacturers attach so much importance in oversized magnets.
  9. E

Cloning Infinity QLS

Has anyone had success cloning the Infiniy QLS 1 or QLS2? I am thinking of starting that project; any information would be appriciated. I am not worried about the dreaded lobing affect.
  10. E

Better Dac

I have an RME adi 2fs which sounds good to me. Most of the exprerienced audiophiles with mega dollar system seem to favor the Dennafrips. Any experienced opinions on that? I don't use headphones much.
  11. E

Help on RME ADI-2 fs

Should I, use the madiface driver with Asio or the analog Wasapi?
  12. E

New Topping DAC

I recently replaced my topping E30 DAC with a Topping D50s with regulated power. The difference in my system seems quiet a bit clearer and more dynamic. Is it my imagination, wishful thinking, justification for the extra cost, luck or reality?
Top Bottom