Search results

1. E

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

So, you have mastered all the above. In other words you are going to judge each engineer foreign or otherwise and give them your seal of approval. What are your accomplishments in the domain of audio design and engineering, which components have you designed? I have to say here, that I am very...
  2. E

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

"Designed properly" is highly subjective. Who decides what is designed properly? You?
  3. E

Is the Performance of a DAC Linked toCost?

Very possibly, still not the case with the afore mentioned Uk manufacturer.
  4. E

Audio retailers are an endangered Species.
  5. E

OK, so this is a bad product, they were over ambitious and tried to bring lots tweeks and fonctions on the analog output. Not the case with the outrageously expensive Chord Audio. What is your point?
  6. E

Actually, I dont want to add effects but mostly take away affects, also no everybody has an anachoic chamber in their residence. I think we had this friendly discussion some time ago.
  7. E

I have to agree with your comment because I own all three Dacs you mention, however Chord dacs and other pretty or ugly designs is a mater of taste, but I don't believe their creators' intention are just looks and profit.
  8. E

"Poorly engineered products is an opinion" according to notable and experienced audio engineers who get big buck to produce quality products.
  9. E

"reduced fidelity" you say. Now there is a topic worth exploring, personalty I am willing to sacrifice a bit of fidelity for musical listenability. I listen to music by musicians, not the recording engineering's fantasy or over production.
  10. E

Price is not the issue here. I have a dozen or so Dacs and I believe fpga Dacs like the Chord sound very different to delta sigma Dacs based on long term comparisons; would I be able to tell them apart on a blind test? Maybe not. The hardcore objectivists on this site will tell you that there...
  11. E

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Another rant by by the measurement and A/B comparaison Stasi. If you say nice day, they reply prove it by scientific data and controlled A/B blind test.
  12. E

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

What is a good speaker? What is a good speaker?
  13. E

I don't care about stereo imaging - am I alone. (Poll)

I never mentioned panacea, regarding speakers there is no such thing, Genesis made some good line source speakers, I wish I could afford.
  14. E

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

“these are not good speakers” Have you owned any Magnepan speakers to make such an incredible statement.
  15. E

Your loudspeakers are too small!

15 is better
  16. E

Of course, everyone knows that having tweeter at ear height is the ideal alignement, that is a compromise some of us don't like, especially if you are spending mega dollars for a set of speakers. Full range electrostatics are a good alternative with different trade off of course, also line...
  17. E

You are not the only one, I want the music to be alive even if I am in the hall or even in another room. I don't understand speaker manufacturers selling million dollar speakers who insist the listener be a ear level with the tweeter. Horizontal dispersion is easy what about vertical...
Top Bottom