Search results

1. norman bates

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Any tests of the tektons that have the eminence b102 in them ?
  2. norman bates

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I see from the first page here on the f206 that there is a peak from the mid driver at 5khz, but it is 20db down, probably not a problem. I believe the 4-5khz is from the speaker baffle edges (diffraction), as it is also on the m106/m16 that does not use that 5" mentioned above...... You can...
  3. norman bates

Revel M16 Speaker Review

The walnut m106 has been on sale for a while, yet the black ones have not/are not. Perhaps there is a black one for sale in the buy/sell here................
  4. norman bates

Mid-Bass Monsters

double 15's per side..................
  5. norman bates

A Call For Humor!

Oprah has 3 words for you, in these troubling economic times, buy a mountain. At 1:20
  6. norman bates

Music For Testing Bass

https://www.amazon.com/Spies-Music-Espionage-Various-Artists/dp/B000003D65 It is a telarc recording. Track 1 will punch you in the gut !!!!!! Warning, saxaphone @ 1:15 I would use this back in college in 94, really makes peoples eyebrow go way up on their head using big 3-ways. Subs don't...
  7. norman bates

Bandcamp offer 24 bit download - any idea why?

found this "Data on a CD is stored as an 8 bit word. The first 7 are level steps and the 8th is ± polarity, thus you get 14 bits (eight to fourteen modulation). A 16 bit DAC allows for oversampling and digital filtering, the goal here is to avoid brickwall filters at 20Khz. 24 bit DSP chips use...
  8. norman bates

Bandcamp offer 24 bit download - any idea why?

if I remember, 24 bits, it only has 2 more data bits of the audio signal than 16 bit. There is redbook 16 bit/44k, then 24 bit / 96k, so a squeek more audio resolution and double the words. Is this right ?
  9. norman bates

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

I'd be more worried about the dip 100-200hz.
  10. norman bates

SOLD: Revel M126Be Pair (Walnut) - $1600 for *both* (NYC pickup) or $1700+shipping

I will warn people, I was quoted shipping a single m106 by USPS, cost $75 (22lbs and box is 19" x 16" x 13"). beautiful speakers there................ Good luck selling them
  11. norman bates

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

That was a tweak I read about over 20 years ago in soundstage !!!!! And yea, it does work really well !!!!!!
  12. norman bates

Dunlavy Speakers

I remember him saying (loosely), "If you wouldn't buy an amp or CD player that can't pass a square wave, why would you buy a speaker that can't ?" I would buy those speakers, but I have a problem wanting to play with all this stuff.....
  13. norman bates

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Keep it, buy the aiyima, compare it, sell the worse one to a buddy for a deal. Open box is not usually b-stock, or returned stuff. I might get one. I look forward for some subjective opinions......... Feel free to send a message to me here............
  14. norman bates

"The Bronco" DIY Studio Monitor

Love that step response
  15. norman bates

does anyone enjoy flat sound from audio speakers?

Since I'm already boosting bass/treble (different room, different speakers, different volume level, different distance to MLP, my mood, music types)....... I'll add some more cowbell as well !!!!!!!!
Top Bottom