Search results

1. N

Soaring

Nice to read about some gliding activities :) A picture of me (to the left) from 2005, Pre World Gliding Championship in Sweden with my Genesis 2. Sold it 2008? Only one in Europe. Flew it for some 800 hours. Someday I might take up gliding...
  2. N

Kef R series dual concentric

Yes, from the very beginning. Have the equipment. Just need to do it.
  3. N

Maybe time to start my own thread... Finally my brother did a first milling test out of a solid 12 mm thick aluminium plate (~220x 250 mm). The lower thick line is the original flare. As you can see the plate was not perfectly flat, but this was just a first test
  4. N

Please do
  5. N

Yes, You are right. Good! I only simulated with no high pass filter, which will not happen. Will you measure distorsion at low freq and high SPL?
  6. N

Looking at the former midrange/tweeter parameters https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/driveunits/kef-r300-drive-unit/ Displacements limits was 1,5 mm. Assuming Pmax 100 W The SW I use Max Output Level (MOL) starts falling from ~350 Hz and down. Increasing displacement to 2,5 mm MOL starts falling...
  7. N

I'm sure I can have my brother mill whatever shape of flare or baffle, if you would like and if you think it's worth it.
  8. N

Do "we" know if the current flare is as good as it gets, or could it be modified/improved? I guess it depends what the goal is... But making it wider/deeper, baffle needs to be wider.
  9. N

Really nice! I've been lazy, but had my brother milling an aluminium mold to try out the Prepreg carbon fibre stuff I bought almost a year ago... First attempt.
  10. N

I wasn't aware of this thread until now :) I did measure the midrange cone and the surround with an optical measurement equipment and had my brother print a flare. I think the flare is quite similar to the original that I have in my R3. Will follow this thread closely as I also have an extra...
  11. N

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Hi, I have a friend who ordered a few weeks earlier than you did and he received them two weeks ago. You can not use the La Poste track no @ Postnord (that would be too easy) Instruction for the French trck no... 1. Use your trck no @ La poste. Scroll down and look for Further information...
  12. N

KEF R3 Speaker Review

This should probably be in a DIY thread... I hope this is the right one. The flare/"ring" is an extension of the carefully measured cone of the SP1632. I think you need to increase the hole a little. Change extension to .step
  13. N

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Hi, The 3D-printed flare was made in 2016 for the midrange/tweeter-driver SP1632 used in the previous KEF Rx00- series (long before the nice flare of the new R-series was released) for a project I never finished (2x10" woofer, each loudspeaker) Yes of course, But I need to find it... I think...
  14. N

Erin's Audio Corner gets a Klippel NFS!

If you sometime in the future is going to measure the Kef R3;) and decides to disassemble the speaker, I have 3D-printed trim ring for the old SP1632 and the new SP 1753. I have both drivers as well, but I think shipping to you and back (Sweden) will be ~$200
  15. N

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

The amazing voice of Dimash Kudaibergen.
  16. N

The kit we bought, our current setups

Today I received a small package including a Yamaha wxc-50 and a XTZ Edge A2-300. For people who don't want to spend more than $1000 (this was a bundle ~$830) and want a really small setup and don't care about "überperformance" or headphones (so probably of no interest for 90% of the readers...
  17. N

Amplifiers Which Test Well, Under $1,000 USD

Thanks for pointing that out. I was getting a little bit too excited when I found that review, with measurement. It clearly says "(Diagramm: ICEpower)" Maybe I will buy one anyway and maybe ship it to Amir for some real test, if he has the time.
  18. N

Amplifiers Which Test Well, Under $1,000 USD

XTZ EDGE A2-300 (Ice 300AS1? and 300A1?) €495 https://www.xtzsound.com/product/edge-a2-300 https://icepower.dk/products/amplifier-power-modules/#comparison-chart https://icepower.dk/news/story/icepower-inside-xtz-amplifier-receives-highest-rating-in-10-years/...
Top Bottom