Search results

1. H

Ingredients of Good Sound

I’m still pretty new to high-end audio and the science behind it. I’ve learned a ton from Amir and others on these forums. When thinking about what exactly makes something sound “good”, I’ve made some interesting and counterintuitive discoveries during my own personal listening sessions over...
  2. H

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

I agree that they must have production inconsistencies, or that perhaps the production was improved as time went on. I say this because I definitely haven’t heard any blown out bass or treble peaks like you describe. If anything, the bass seems more subdued than other headphones and could...
  3. H

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

I own these and I love them. They’re my favorite headphones I’ve ever owned. I returned the new Bose QuietComfort headphones (which I couldn’t stand) and bought these instead and I couldn’t be happier. I’m sure I don’t listen as loud as you but I do have pretty sensitive hearing. I haven’t...
  4. H

Subwoofer gain and channel level question

I’m curious about why most people recommend setting the gain on a subwoofer to around half way. I’m new to audio and electronics so I apologize if this is a silly question, but, assuming you’re using an A/V receiver to set speaker/sub levels, wouldn’t it be better to set the sub’s gain to max...
  5. H

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I’d happily take a pair of bland and boring Salon 2’s.
  6. H

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

It’s so beautiful I’m pretty sure my wife would leave me if I added it to our living room.
  7. H

Just fired up my first ever Hifi set-up. It's OK?

I’m new to “hifi” also. I recently got a pair of Revel m106’s and I am extremely happy with them. They’re extremely clear and can get stupidly loud with zero distortion. They also have surprisingly fantastic bass as well. I would return those Focals and try the f206’s which I’m sure sound...
Top Bottom