Search results

1. v1adpetrov2

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

You are, as it is now customary to say politically correct, "a little mistaken." We will leave the cables from TARA Labs to the audiopsychos audiophiles... And simple music lovers use "warm-up files" to speed up the OpAmps that are installed in new audio devices into nominal operation mode. This...
  2. v1adpetrov2

And if you download a file "Cascade Noise Burn-in" to warm up from TARA Labs and play it on repeat for two weeks, then the DAC will please you with even better sound. ;)
  3. v1adpetrov2

You have the firmware version 1v0. The display of the firmware version number was added only starting from 1v1.
  4. v1adpetrov2

Yes, I have a first-generation D300, on which the MCU firmware 1v0, 1v1 and 1v11 were tested. How it will behave if I install the firmware of the MCU 1v21 is unknown...
  5. v1adpetrov2

Unfortunately, you are very wrong. The D300 is flashed with TWO different firmware and with the help of TWO different utilities. Using the utility XMOSUSBDACDfu.exe we are flashing XMOS USB DFU (file SMSL_D300_USB_DFU_v1.3.bin). Using the utility ispV2.4.exe we flash the MM32F103 processor...
  6. v1adpetrov2

Well, I downgraded the IAP to version 1v0, and the USB DFU remained v1.3 And everything works fine.
  7. v1adpetrov2

I realized that you haven't read this topic from the very beginning. Otherwise you wouldn't have these questions. Everything is described in detail, starting from here. The D300 has such a feature: it is possible to lower or increase the version of the MCU by flashing without the risk of...
  8. v1adpetrov2

The firmware MCU v1.00 works fine on my USB firmware v1.30. I had to solder out a chip with a corrupted USB firmware, flash it in the programmer in v6F2 and solder it back. After restoring the work of my DAC, I flashed the USB in v1.30 on top of v6F2 and flashed the MCU with a serviceable...
  9. v1adpetrov2

No, I didn't change anything in the D300. I used op-amps OPA1656 when modifying the BRZHIFI 3255XLR amplifier . There, these op-amps are used as a pre-amplifier with a gain of = 3.2
  10. v1adpetrov2

If the manufacturer erases the marking of the op-amp, it means that he has installed the cheapest op-amp, such as NE5532 or JRC2068. At best it will be OPA2132... Therefore, feel free to install all three OPA1612 op-amps and you will be happy!... ...And if you like the imitation of "warm tube...
  11. v1adpetrov2

Sorry, but no one will be able to tell you, since the marking of operational amplifiers has been specially erased by the manufacturer. This is usually done when operating amplifiers of medium or low quality are installed... :(
  12. v1adpetrov2

Here in this message the firmware of the MCU version 1.0 is posted. Here Here in this message the firmware of the MCU version 1v1 and the firmware of the DFU (USB XMAS) version 1.3
  13. v1adpetrov2

Yes, the zip-file contains the same buggy firmware v221012.
  14. v1adpetrov2

Installing the SMSL D300 FW 221012 turns your DAC into a "speaker killer". You can read more details here
  15. v1adpetrov2

Breeze TPA3255 XLR Balanced Amplifier TearDown : DIP8 Op Amps.

For the power supply compatibility: 1. ORIGINAL power supply = CDXS438-36 -> W=81,5mm / D=127mm /H=38mm max output ripple = 360mV - 4,2A The actual unit you can look up (at least on mine) is here: https://www.fs-czx.com/?kg/73.html 2. HIFIMEDIY power supply = SMPS300RS -> W=100mm /...
  16. v1adpetrov2

I am using a DAC SMSL D300 in preamp mode, which is connected to a Breeze TPA3255 XLR. The replacement of WIMA capacitors has nothing to do with the replacement of the power supply! The increase in capacity from 1uF to 10uF is designed to preserve the maximum quality of the audio signal from...
  17. v1adpetrov2

1. Resistors of 1 kOhm are needed to protect the outputs of operational amplifiers, if the TPA3255 chip suddenly burns out and an increased voltage appears on pins 5, 6, 16 and 17. 2. Yes! Pin 4 on the relay must be earth-locked.
  18. v1adpetrov2

Checking the relay is easy. After the signal disappears in the loudspeaker, try to close the contacts of the input from the XLR and the signal output from the relay (red stripes in the photo). If the sound appears in the speaker, then the relay is really faulty.
  19. v1adpetrov2

1. Disconnect the speaker from the amplifier and measure its resistance with a tester: if it is less than 3 Ohms, the TPA3255 chip will overheat and the protection will turn on. Then the problem is in the technical condition of the speakers or crossover. 2. The manufacturer forgot to apply...
Top Bottom