Search results

1. Hipocrates

What is on your workbench right now?

My good old AVR kicked the bucket, but I'm sure is the regulated PS.
  2. Hipocrates

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

That's me, on last maybe 4 years. I do have however a dedicated place for music with some gear and big speakers, the other day I grabbed a couple of cds and played them, It was sooo relaxing. I totally forgot how diferent the experience is, just listening a full album without distractions. That...
  3. Hipocrates

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Great and fun thread @bconline, Is highly appreciated!
  4. Hipocrates

DIY amp testing (with AES17 filter)

Wow that's a lot, cool stuff
  5. Hipocrates

Holly molly!! What kind of amplifiers you guys test? that signal would be an 5000W @ 4Ω amp o_O My 15A breaker will trip at 1800W and my most powerfull amp is 300W For my application I'm looking more for crossover distortion and maybe THD+N @ 1w
  6. Hipocrates

I think it was 3d central or 3dgrab, I attached them as files just in case
  7. Hipocrates

Sure thing, and you want more space between the inductors right?
  8. Hipocrates

Some are against, some other says is better and make the case that even help to the board not to bend... I'm just an enthusiast that make ground stars on my amps. This whole filter thing is very new to me. You are the leading voice here my friend, if you think is not a good thing, off with the...
  9. Hipocrates

Oh Now I see it, I like it better too... and with available values! very neat!
  10. Hipocrates

Fusible resistors, oooh very 70s, I get it. I'll finish your board exactly as post #63 just in case. when ready, I'll post here the schematic, gerbers and BOM from mouser, just in case someone wants to play with it. ;) It would be a stack-up of -GND- -SIGNAL- -SIGNAL- -GND- Like a coax, that...
  11. Hipocrates

I get what Ivan is saying and mostly applies to his filter. Which is awesome! The circuit proposed in post #63, is a basic voltage divider aiming to 10:1 ratio, before the filter. I had the idea that was for attenuate the signal to a 10th of their amplitude. Than can be achieved with a 1K and a...
  12. Hipocrates

I'm finishing the board however I have a couple questions about the voltage divider (10:1) I'm removing the 10Ω in series with 800Ω (unusual value) for a 910Ω (common value) with a 100Ω, for a 0.99V. If precision is a must would you guys like me to install a trimpot in series with a resistor...
  13. Hipocrates

Spacing inductors
  14. Hipocrates

Hey guys, how about something like this based on @sarieri comments. Would this be acceptable? For this THT version I had this in mind. ./ Shielded inductors (RFS1317-105KL) ./ Cooper pour on top GND, I stiil need to do some stiching andmaybe calculate a 'guard ring' around the PCB? ./ Vishay...
  15. Hipocrates

Got it, is JLCPCB (fabricator), LCSC (components), and EasyEDA (software), all part of the same group. I'll make the fabrication files and BOM with them https://jlcpcb.com/
  16. Hipocrates

Cool, I like it... I'll start tonight with your simulation. Let me know anything that comes to your mind regarding terminals and hardware. What is LCEDA? do you mean LJPCB with LCSC components?
  17. Hipocrates

Do you want it THT or SMD?
  18. Hipocrates

Got it. I don't measure DACs and mostly of my work is around vintage amps (lately some class D amps too), so you would imagine what kind of tolerances and THD-N I'm use to deal with ;), what these devices and filters can achieve is from my point of view, unreal... But I get what are you...
  19. Hipocrates

Sure, can you be more specific? Tell me more. I honestly don't know, but if you elaborate a little bit I will and fix it I'm not much a designer and more an enthusiast of build and fix stuff.
Top Bottom