Search results

1. E

Marantz CINEMA 70s AVR - Teardown, personal thoughts and a few measurements

If 70s uses digital volume control (by reducing the bit length) before signal reaches DACs it is not optimal - PCM5102a is a low cost solution and for low level music could be resolution degradation, so it is no no for me as the pre-amp solution.
  2. E

And what about analog inputs - are they digitised/sampled? I think that there is some analog volume chip on the side pcb between upper and lower pcb, or on the lower pcb next to the RCA pre-outs.
  3. E

Great teardown tlr, but do you know what volume control chip is used?
  4. E

3e audio TPA3255 260-2-29A Amplifier Review

Nice test and results. What about reactive loads test?
  5. E

Adding post-DSP SPDIF outputs to AVRs

What is your external DAC? Is it miniDSP? If so, I suggest to check miniDSP settings... P.S.: MCK is 256xfs - in this case 12,288 MHz (for fs 48 kHz).
  6. E

Try to check LRCK (fs) signal on yellow wire - should be like on the pic (it is from AVR-X3400H, but I think it is the same as 3600): Or you can measure frequency of LRCK by multimeter - should be 96 kHz (or 48 kHz), I suppose. Edit: The best is to measure it on the WM8805 on your board...
  7. E

I would check the audio interface formats (and MCLK frequency) - they should be the same (see data sheets of the AK4458 and WM8805 and check the appropriate chip pins): Your board is here:
  8. E

HDMI to USB for Mutichannel DAC OKTO PRO

Next possible solution could be HDMI multichannel extractor to 4 x I2S and 4 x I2S to AES/EBU interface. Than you can use direct connection via AES/EBU to the okto dac8 PRO. HDMI multichannel to I2S extractor: https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/33031920347.html I2S to AES/EBU interface (4x)>...
  9. E

Danny at GR getting bad Talk Back from many of his viewers

Hi MAB, I am facing up the same problem with my Linkwitz Orion tweeters - they are more than 20 years old and sound "dull" without the life and highs. Initially, I was looking for some xover or amp problem, but it seems that dry ferrofluid is the reason (I did not opened the tweeters yet). So...
  10. E

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

Any chance to see the PowerCube/reactive load tests?
  11. E

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

Nice work, but all of the THD+N/SINAD numbers are a little-bit "optimistic" - when you use AES17 notch option in Multitone SW the analyser excludes lot of noise from the calculation (see the "skirt" around 1 kHz signal in the picture) which is not correct. See the noise number in the table - it...
  12. E

E1DA Cosmos ADC

d)
  13. E

Highest quality ~10W classAB

Here is a nice LM1875 implementation as a composit amp: https://www.kaltecs.com/2-x-32w-lm1875-ultra-low-distortion-amplifier-kit/ But I have no experience with it. Martin
  14. E

Pyle PT8000CH 8-Channel Amplifier Review

Nice review Amir, but again Power Cube is not correct - 41Vrms into 4 Ohm gives 420W... It is 200W more than you have measured! There has to be a bug in the AP script. Martin
  15. E

Peachtree GAN400 Amplifier Review

In the Power Cube I see 60 Vrms into the 4 Ohm - is it correct? Then maximum power should be 60*60/4 = 900 W!
  16. E

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Thanx, I will try. But it is too early if contacts need cleanning... And it is hard to detect this problem - to check/recalibrate after each DIP change is not very easy.
  17. E

E1DA Cosmos ADC

After 7 months of occasional use the DIP switches in my Cosmos ADC in left channel start to loose contact - I am looking for spare one. This should be good as replacement: https://www.mouser.sk/ProductDetail/Wurth-Elektronik/416131160812?qs=2kOmHSv6VfSn2jguIjHTtg== Martin P.S.: 1000 Cycles...
  18. E

Meaurements of Hypex NC252MP in bridge-tied load (BTL)

How about THD and THD+N vs. power at 20 Hz/4ohm?
  19. E

E1DA Cosmos APU - Teardown and personal thoughts and measurements

Nice review, but I did not find the way how Scaler indicate gain used - in manual and autoranger mode. There are 16 gains and for dBu/dBV/V scale you should know what gain is used.
  20. E

Akai GX-620 Reel to Reel Tape Deck Measurements

Very nice, but I suggest to switch level in your charts to dBr (not dBFS) - Multitone Analyzer calculates THD relative to FS, therefore when your fundamental is lower than 0 dBFS, THD is not correct. In your case is THD about 10 dB lower then in reality...
Top Bottom