Search results

1. L

Understanding the State of the Art of Digital Room Correction

So, I have a couple FIR processors and access to lots of different speakers. What exact tests could I perform that would satisfy you? Please, describe the testing process in detail, or link to them.
  2. L

Understanding the State of the Art of Digital Room Correction

I have a few Acoustic Power Labs processors and love them, despite the 2-channel one testing poorly because they do this: That was a very early test, I've since figured out the low end hump. I also use them in my home theater setup and do not have any lip sync issues, and that is with two of...
  3. L

"Rich Guys and Reviewers Running Amok in Hi-Fi"

A co-worker is always talking about supercars and my favorite question to ask him is, "Can YOU run a faster lap time in it than a Spec Miata?"
  4. L

Crown XLS2502 Stereo Amplifier Review

I thought about the clones, but there always seems to be someone having issues with them. You just don't hear about those issues with the Crowns. And I'm not so sure the clones really make all that much more power than the 2502, or at least enough to make a difference. HS24 and Crown owners...
  5. L

Crown XLS2502 Stereo Amplifier Review

Each amp is powering a Stereo Integrity HS24. They work flawlessly, don't get hot, fans don't come on, and I have WAY more power than I need.
  6. L

Is ICONOCLAST cable a "better" cable?

This thread would have gone much differently had you included that info in your first post.
  7. L

Multi room / zone suggestions?

I personally only need Airplay because I live in the Apple eco system. I thought about using a 10+ channel amp in my server room and having an Airport Express (with wifi turned off) as the audio player for each zone. The only reason I care about cross-platform is because I'll be renting out...
  8. L

Multi room / zone suggestions?

I recently started a home remodel that will include in ceiling speakers in various rooms. I was looking for something to be as cross-platform as possible, but without the cloud connection or cost of Sonos. I stumbled upon this and will be ordering an amp soon to test out.
  9. L

New Macs

That's my point!
  10. L

New Macs

I think the benchmarks from apps that haven't been ported are great for showing to the "Have fun buying new software!" people. ;)
  11. L

Monoprice 150 watt 605030 Amplifier Review

This is spot on for me. I don't have these particular amps, but I do have 4 Crown XLS amps, and 5 Behringer Europower amps. I'll be needing more channels in the next couple years and I'll probably turn to the pro market when the time comes. I've been tempting to send one of the Europower amps...
  12. L

Minidsp DDRC-88A Dirac Multichannel DSP Review

I am the use case for something like this, but I am also an edge case. I am building a 5.2 system with fully active 3-ways for the 5. I have the amps, speakers, sources, and AVR, I just need processing. Three of these would get me the processing for a fairly reasonable price. One for the...
  13. L

ErinsAudioCorner

I saw the drama and was thinking, "No! Two people I really like are arguing!"
  14. L

Computer Power Supplies

About a year ago I pulled a bunch of 2 and 3RU Core Duo machines from the Cotton Bowl Stadium that had been running 24/7 for several years. I tossed all the electronics except the Seasonic power supplies and set the cases aside to build later. About 1.5 months ago I built two of the cases and...
  15. L

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

One thing that has held true over the years is that I've never been disappointed by adding more power.
  16. L

Soundbar Reviews

I'm kinda in the same boat. My bedroom I bought because it fit the physical dimensions and budget I had to work with. My living room TV had the one feature I wanted, HDR, could easily be delivered to my home without using UPS/FedEx/USPS so I could easily reject it if it was damaged in shipping...
  17. L

Meridian G68ADV: were AV Processor Ever Good?

I'm a video tech for live entertainment, I also wish DisplayPort had won, mostly because of the locking connector. The non-locking HDMI cables can be a nightmare on a live show. I wish the consumer world would fall in love with SDI, but they can't because of HDCP.
  18. L

Ultimate woofer

I have two of those, each with it's own XLS 2502. They get the job done, and then some...
  19. L

Mac based equalizer...

You can do that with AULab, and some audio routing software. I used to use SoundFlower, but it looks like the previously mentioned Blackhole will do the same thing for free. AULab is free and pretty powerful, It's most of the engine behind Garageband and Logic, but stripped WAY down.
Top Bottom