Search results

1. L

Gustard R26 or Matrix Audio X-Sabre PRO (MQA)

Hello everyone, New to DAC-universe, looking for ‘the best one’ and after many, mostly joyful ;-), hours of reading I finally shortlisted Gustard & Matrix. Keen on hearing expert views I look forward to your opinions & experiences with (either of) the two. (Please just those 2, shortlist...
  2. L

Looking for good used 1.5k CD player

Thanks for advice everyone, much appreciated
  3. L

Thanks for pointing that out, fair point I didn’t consider yet. I’ll definitely look into such option. Nice evening
  4. L

Hello everyone, I found a big box with CDs in my garage and want to revisit “good old times” ;-). I’ve been shortlisting current offerings on used market to: Audio Research CD3MKII Sugden Masterclass PDT-4 Moon Neo 260D I’m no expert in specs of CD transport, laser, DAC, etc. Therefore...
  5. L

Recommendable class AB integrated amplifiers under 2k

Dear all, I’ve been using class D amps for a while and would like to add an AB integrated. Just to try/compare, for the fun of it. 2k budget, a good used one would be fine. I read AVM A30 & Perreaux R200i are good, but before getting lost in info-overload I hope to get some pointers here, i.e...
  6. L

Adding a DAC to NAD M33 makes sense?

Thanks a lot for comprehensive reply, very educational. I plan to play around with Dirac soon, looking fw to it. Room treatment is going to be a challenge because this setup is in the living room… The Atohms I enjoy a lot, great speaker to my taste, will definitely stay with me for a while...
  7. L

Adding a DAC to NAD M33 makes sense?

Good morning everyone, I currently have the Atohm GT1-HDs & KEF KC62 connected to a NAD M33 and play my CDs on a Primare DD-35 transport. I don’t believe the M33’s DAC is bad, but can’t help wondering if adding a separate DAC would make a (significant) difference and if so which (max 1k) DACs...
  8. L

Should an amplifier (NAD M33) be completely silent?

That’s good to hear, total peace of mind now ;-) Nice evening!
  9. L

Good point, cheers, I’ll look into it.
  10. L

Thanks for additional insights everyone. I just went to a local dealer who has a M33 on display and this one produces the same soft buzz, so I guess it’s nothing really to worry about. Now time to enjoy the music again ;-).
  11. L

Good morning and thanks again guys for your advice, much appreciated. Have a nice day!
  12. L

Thanks for reference, I’ll read it. It’s a soft constant buzz, regardless of which source. Indeed might just be the power supply…
  13. L

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated. Sounds reassuring. I’ll try to not think about it anymore and enjoy the music instead ;-)
  14. L

Good evening, I recently started my audio journey and it’s been a joy! I’m struggling with a (maybe silly) beginner-question that I hope you can help me with. It’s my first post, looking forward to your replies. I have a NAD M33 and I’m happy with it. Recently I noticed that it makes a soft...
Top Bottom