Search results

1. J

Which amp for atrium 5?

I have a pair of Atrium 5 speakers for an outdoor setup, these will be mounted to a wall. Trying to pair them with the right amp, thats not overkill. Based on reviews here and cheapaudioman, leaning towards the AIYIMA line. Was hoping you could help steer my choice. Open to other options if...
  2. J

Popping issue - WiiM + Audioengine DAC

Thanks, yes I have tried to rever tback to SPDIF but the noise makes it unbearable when using either Doppler, Navidrome or Substreamer apps.
  3. J

Popping issue - WiiM + Audioengine DAC

Issue: Between tracks the DAC gives audible click and also a popping noise from speakers. Enough to ruin listening experience. Tried: Reverted back to using the AUX out and bypassing the DAC = works fine. Same issue if I use a different USB power source If I take the WiiM out the mix and use...
  4. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Some luck. Switched the D1 DAC for another D1 DAC. Everything else is the same. Now plays every song using SPDIF output at highest resolution/bit rate. However - very loud audible popping between tracks. This seems to a common issue with DACs, but I cant spot any obvious workaround? EDIT -...
  5. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Have downed rate and depth to 48/16bit Same issue. Plays, end of song clicks, and 50/50 chance that the next song is audible despite the fact it’s definitely playing on iPhone ok. I will try Bluetooth from a laptop later on. Have also tried playing from different apps on the iPhone - same issue.
  6. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks. I did try this about 3mths back and same issue, however will repeat tomorrow and report back.
  7. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks for quick reply. Yes. Bypassing the DAC and using AUX is my current workaround. Using the same DAC + Speakers with a PC or Kodi/TV setup works fine using SPDIF. Was hoping there might be some workaround that lets me use DAC with WiiM. DACs clicking between tracks seems to be a...
  8. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Issue: When running through AudioEngine DAC, between songs the DAC gives audible click. About 40% of the time, does not actually allow for playback of next song and just dead air. Tried: Reverted back to using the AUX out and bypassing the DAC = works fine. Was hoping a newer WiiM firmware...
Top Bottom