Search results

1. P

Amp distortion question

Thank you :) - If I have the opportunity, I will try it again with some demanding headphones this year at CanJam UK (usually they have balanced for the crème de la crème headphones). All this time I didn't even realise the specs weren't RMS - it didn't matter too much because except for some...
  2. P

Amp distortion question

It's usually my iFi, so I guess it's limited by being battery powered, but even connected to PC (which is still just USB 5V), an LCD-4, Abyss and Susvara can easily distort it even without EQ, so guess it's to do with sensitivity, since it can drive HD650s without issue (the headphone would give...
  3. P

Amp distortion question

Hey guys, Is there a parameter or relationship between multiple parameters that describes why one amp distorts at 50% volume pot when you try to get something like an LCD-4 to play loud, vs another amp which you can max out the volume pot with no distortion, but it's quieter than the first amp...
  4. P

How Do I Start Measuring Headphone Amps?

Hey Guys, Would like to take some measurements for myself, namely, "how much is this amp putting out when I play x track at x volume". I often find there are statements such as "you only need x amount of milliwatts to play at deafening levels", but as a basshead, I get the feeling this number...
Top Bottom