Search results

1. D

Aftermarket power cable question?

Thank you for the advice guys.
  2. D

Review and Measurements of u-turn Pluto and ART DJPRE II Phono Preamps

Is there a way to get the pluto power bleed out? Is there a replacement supply that I can get for it that will perform better? Or is money better spent on a better phono preamp? If so, which has the highest SINAD?
  3. D

It is wall mounted. It still picks up the vibrations. I may just have to move my speakers. But I will try the spring loaded decouple method
  4. D

I will have to experiment more. I think it did a bit. I don't have much choice in where my speakers are placed unfortunately. So - spring isolation feet for the TT itself?
  5. D

You're right - I meant my phono stage - the Pluto generates a bit of power line noise, but it's barely audible. And only when I turn it way up. I know some hiss is normal with any component. Question for all - I am getting massive feedback on my TT. It turns into a loud HOWL- I think its the...
  6. D

I just use standard Belden RCA's and stock Power cables through a surge protector. although, there is a bit of mains noise - I may look into a realistic conditioner. This is only an issue if it's played SUPER loud though.
  7. D

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/power-cables-do-they-really-matter.888777/page-18#post-22987873 I feel like the only sane one in the room! People actually believe this marketing garbage. I mean isn't a conditioner - even the cheapest kinds - all one needs? It should be built into your...
  8. D

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

YES! More Speaker reviews Amir! Thanks man.
  9. D

Turntables - Diminishing returns/2 channel or 5.1 advice please!

Thanks for the reply. I agree space is an issue here. Do you think adding some form of DSP (it seems overwhelming and complex to me) would be a better investment at this point? I will look into the technics. I don't really care for the overall 80s look of them. But, I'm going to revisit their...
  10. D

Question about amplification for new Magnepan LRS speakers

Will a NAD 356BEE cut it for these? I'm afraid that 80 watts won't. Even though I only listen at modest volumes.
  11. D

What cables do you use in your systems?

Interconnects are Belden BJC copies (easily found on auction site) Speaker cables: Canare 4S11 Price didn't matter/just needed quality and correct lengths, minimizing interference being located near power cables. Power cable: Stock NAD Power cable (thought about replacing it to something, but...
  12. D

Turntables - Diminishing returns/2 channel or 5.1 advice please!

Hey guys - I like vinyl. Let's just get that out there. It offers the usual repeated traits (Ad nauseam) for me. Currently experiencing a dilemma. And you guys have scientific proof/knowledge on what is best here. I currently use a U-Turn Orbit Custom (acrylic platter), with a Ortofon 2M...
  13. D

Power conditioners suggestion

they replace your gear if it breaks- up to 15k warrantee
  14. D

The protector is for the whole system.
  15. D

Ok. Thanks for the suggestions guys
  16. D

is it common to go through the surge protector, then the internal electric surge protection into the speaker?
  17. D

would you be so kind to point me in the correct direction please sir?
  18. D

"POP" noise when light turned off on same circuit as system. Here's the kicker - its all protected by a APC surge protector up to 1600 jules. What should I do?
  19. D

Vinyl record clamp

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Stabilizer-Record-Turntable-Vibration/dp/B075GDMZ4K/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_23_t_0/142-2326501-4497344?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DJJSFZA27GN3KJN5TWTF Been happy with this!
Top Bottom