Search results

1. davidebond

BD burner and player

Good day, can you suggest me a good budget BD external burner and player? Thanks and best, Davide
  2. davidebond

foobar2000 vs powerdvd 22

Hi. Does the software player "play" a role in the reproduction of cds or is it indifferent what player one uses? For example, is powerdvd22 able to reproduce file at 192 khz? Or does it play 192 khz files at a lower resolution? Thanks and best, davide
  3. davidebond

Topping d10 vs dx3 pro

Hi. In the chart of the DACs I saw that topping d10 has a better position than the dx3 pro. Is there a difference in sound? Colour and warmth? Thanks and best, Davide
  4. davidebond

budget blu-ray player for pc

Hi. Excuse me for this question. What is a good, but budget blu-ray player which I can use with pc in order to listen to pure audio cd? There is no way to listen to them with a blu-ray software as powerdvd or jriver. Some of them contains high resolution files, but only at 96/24 and not at 192...
  5. davidebond

DAC and Windows 11

Hi. I have some dacs and are working fine with Windows 11. Nevertheless some experienced problems. Why? Davide https://dsdguide.substack.com/p/dsd-guide-conversation-does-your/comments?utm_source=substack&publication_id=542494&post_id=120633421&utm_medium=email&isFreemail=true&comments=true
  6. davidebond

Binaural?

Hi. I purchased a cd which contained also binaural files to listen to. Honestly, according to MY opinion, the original sound was better than the binaural, although the latter was at 24 bits. Why did it seem worse to me? Thanks and best, Davide
  7. davidebond

dolby?

Hi. Windows 11 uses of default dolby. When using a dac, is it necessary to stop it in order to mantain the sound as clean as possible? Thanks and best, davide
  8. davidebond

Pre-amplifier foobar2000

Hi. In the preferences of foobar2000 there are two pre-amp: with or without rg. It seems to me that the second gives a sense of spatiality to the sound. This is more clear and open. I am using foobar2000 with the couple Jds labs atom DAC+ and atom amp+. Is it a suggestion? Can it be of help, or...
  9. davidebond

jds atom dac+ and amp+

Hi. I decided to buy also the dac+ by JDS labs. I tested it with La Valse by Ravel, i.e. 10 minute ca. of music. The dac was very hot. The amp was warm because it was on the dac. Is it a problem? Can I listen to a Bruckner' symphony or the dac can be damaged? Thanks and best, davide
  10. davidebond

Clopen

Hi. As you know, in topology there are open sets, closed sets and clopen sets, i.e. sets which are open and closed. This concept is not a problem for me. On the contrary, I am not able to understand the concept of a headphone semi-open. What does it mean? Thanks and best, Davide
  11. davidebond

Jds Atom+ dac and Jds Atom amp

Hi. I just purchased the Jds Lab Atom+ dac to match the Jds Lab atom amp. I hope that it would sound nice and powerful. I have a collection of budget dacs. Having already the Jds amp it seemed me natural to purchase its brother dac+. I read your review, obviously. Thanks and best, Davide
  12. davidebond

Topping dx3 pro and filters

Hi. The Topping dx3 pro has 6 filters which were discussed by you elsewhere: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/pcm-filters-useful-simple-understanding-topping-dx3-pro.32262/ and...
  13. davidebond

Headphone amp for Topping dx3 pro

Hi. I have already made this question and you suggested me the JDS Lab atom. Notwithstanding, it seems to me flat and cold. Have you another idea, not much expensive? Thanks and best, Davide
  14. davidebond

Topping dx3 pro + L30 II

Hi. What if I connect a Topping dx3 pro with a Topping L30 II to drive a Sennheiser HD 650? It could sound very stupid and indeed it is, but if it is true that the L30 II (not the first version) has such power, I could use the dx3 as pre-amp. Thanks and best, Davide
  15. davidebond

LittleDot mk2

Hi. What do you think of the amp "LittleDot MK II"? I read some review, but what I need is qualitative judgment. Thanks and best, davide
  16. davidebond

Problems with the amp

Hi. I purchased a JDS Atom Lab for a Sennheiser HD 650 and a Topping dx3 pro. I put the volume at its maximum in Foobar2000, in Windows 11, in the dac, I use the gain and put the volume at 40% in the amp and nevertheless the sound Is confuse and faible. If I plug the headphone directly in the...
  17. davidebond

Topping dx3 pro Raspberry Pi

Hi. Can I use Topping dx3 pro with a Raspberry Pi system? Where I find the drivers? Or must I use a diy dac? In any case, can I listen to CDs? Thanks and best, Davide
  18. davidebond

electric source

Hi. Sorry for the question, but if I am at home do I need such an item? https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/alimentations-hifi/audiophonics-lpsu25-alimentation-lineaire-regulee-filtre-emi-rfi-115v-vers-12v-125a-25va-p-16953.html In other words, what is its meaning? At home I have a lot of...
  19. davidebond

strangeness with topping dx3 pro

Hi. For a series of grounds, I insert my headphone in the headphone amp which is connected via rca with the Topping dx3 pro dac. I would test a file and I plugged the headphone directly in the dac. It did not work. I used foobar2000, then I tested another player but with the same result. I am...
  20. davidebond

Problems with dac

Hi. Use a Topping dx3 with the laptop. If I open firstly foobar2000 before to connect the dac to the PC, most of the times the dac doesn't work. I must detach It from the Wall socket and re-attach It anew. Then, It does work. Must I connect the dac before opening foobar2000? Thanks and best...
Top Bottom