Search results

1. arrow0309

XMOS XU216 vs 316?

I think they need better drivers as well: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-product-smsl-dl300.48762/page-2#post-1905259
  2. arrow0309

New Product - SMSL DL300

As I've stated here below this dac has some USB pc oversampling issues (I was wrong about the headphones): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/brand-new-ananda-v3-and-all-i-can-hear-are-crackles-with-192-khz-audio.52741/ Issues that I have never found before with about...
  3. arrow0309

Brand new Ananda v3 and all I can hear are crackles with 192 kHz audio.

So, I've just connected to the previous usb port, using the new lime cable. But then I've unplugged the power cord from the dac as there's no more a power on/off switch on the back (Why SMSL?, the DO300EX has one) and then powered it back. Now the bloody 192 kHz is working on Qobuz like it did...
  4. arrow0309

I just did, still no sound, 176.4 kHz is working.
  5. arrow0309

Hi, yes. I've changed the cable and the USB port, uninstalled, cleaned (Reg values) and reinstalled the SMSL driver, still not working in 192khz.
  6. arrow0309

Yes I have installed the driver, I always install them. Cable is a good one (should be at least): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09LHF4B3F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Another strange issue I've just noticed right now, if I set the sampling rate to 24 bit/ 48 kHz from Windows /...
  7. arrow0309

Man you're right (although according to a note from the Italian seller these headphones would require 150 - 200h of burn in never high volume lol). But then what? All I've replace is the headphone. This way they're working fine though (176.4 kHz):
  8. arrow0309

Arrived yesterday morning, they seem to be v3 (16ohm 92db written on the outside of the box) I've let them just about 22h on a little burn in session, medium volume (laptop + Xduoo XD05 Bal 2 in SE / low gain). Now I've just tried to listen to the 192 kHz collection on Qobuz (in Wasapi...
  9. arrow0309

New Product - SMSL DL300

Yeah, I only noticed the 6 medium caps on the front of the DO300EX's internal psu vs 4 but bigger size caps on the DL300. The rest looks identical inside.
  10. arrow0309

New Product - SMSL DL300

Didn't have the dac for too long, it sounds lovely, maybe there's a slight difference in tonality but I can't tell how precisely. One thing's for sure, it doesn't sound any worse. It's a plugin for the AIMP player.
  11. arrow0309

New Product - SMSL DL300

Hi I just bought a new DL300 and over the past 3 days made a lot of research, non much went out but anyway they all look like the board is pretty similar on the both DL300 and DO300EX also the various specs. Both the same power wise as well. So where did find those info about the DL300 using...
  12. arrow0309

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Hi, I have a question. I've recently got an Xduoo XD05 Bal2 which I'm using (mainly) as a desktop dac and headphone amp now. I was looking at this new SMSL nice and cheap dac (which is btw on sale at Shenzhen audio right now). I would like to use it as dac with the volume control and use my Bal...
  13. arrow0309

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Hi, I'm thinking to try the new Xduoo xd05 Bal 2. I wonder if anyone here tried this along and made a comparison.
  14. arrow0309

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

96db spl rated these DT 880 and I'm keeping them in gain 3 with my L30 II. The Amiron Home are fine in gain 2 (over 1 o'clock). I only listen at high volume sometimes but still. @Jimbob54 you're right about the K7 (damm publicity specs). I think I'm keeping my (last) D10s / L30 ii cheap...
  15. arrow0309

I see, a little on the low for my DT 880 Pro 250 ohm, might be enough for my Amiron. I don't understand how a smaller and cheaper Fiio K7 can output 560mW at 300 ohm.
  16. arrow0309

Maximum power output at 300 ohm (not mentioned) is likely to be similar to a Dx3 pro +?
  17. arrow0309

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home Review (headphone)

I definitely agree to all of this. Jost got these for £250 "like new superb condition" and with the Beyer's textile audiophile 3m cable, gaming with my (newer and modest) D10s / E30ii stack is just great. Music is sometimes hit and miss. Also have the DT 880 250ohm black but confort and gaming...
Top Bottom