Search results

1. soundwave76

AI and Future of Music Production

^ This blows my mind!
  2. soundwave76

Therapy thread for those looking to upgrade for no logical reason

My itch to upgrade vanished after getting proper quality studio gear that sound and look fantastic. This is for my desktop setup with Genelec 8331+7350 which I use primarily for music listening. Before that 'the search' was always on. Sometimes I get the itch to upgrade my living room setup...
  3. soundwave76

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Not bad at all! I already have three Bluesound devices, so switching would be a pain and expensive...
  4. soundwave76

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

I currently have HD660S, I wonder if these would be better…
  5. soundwave76

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

YES. THIS! One reason I hate IEMs is the uncomfortable fit and feeling in my ears. Apple Airpods Pro are somewhat ok, but all the IEMs I have tried in the past are just horrible.
  6. soundwave76

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

1) I don't need IEMs 2) I don't like IEMs 3) I ordered these IEMs
  7. soundwave76

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Oooh, want! But… how would I connect this to a digital Genelec setup?
  8. soundwave76

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

Here's a new try with cable lifters... which are a bit weird
  9. soundwave76

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

Reviving this thread. This audiophile LEGO set would be nice for Xmas :)
  10. soundwave76

Apple Music lossless is finally coming to Windows 11!

Replying to myself - Soundiiz authenticates Apple Music via Apple's service, so security and privacy issues should be covered
  11. soundwave76

Yes, been thinking about the same thing how to confirm this. Would Roon do the trick?
  12. soundwave76

I am wondering is there a safe way to import playlists to Apple Music? I have used Soundiiz in the past but I hesitate signing in to 3rd party services with my Apple ID.
  13. soundwave76

New version of the Apple Music Preview is just out and I am just trying this with Win10. Not bad.
  14. soundwave76

Vintage and modern Vu-Meters, Oscilloscope, Spectrographs, etc.

This might interest the readers of this thread https://www.techpowerup.com/315029/streacom-announces-vu1-dynamic-analogue-dials
  15. soundwave76

Genelec UNIO Audio Monitoring Platform and 9320A Reference Controller

More info on this. Tempted. https://audiomediainternational.com/interview_aki-makivirta_9320a/
  16. soundwave76

New Yamaha HL-L7A looks awesome!

I hope these headphones could be measured one day. Lets skip the amp :)
  17. soundwave76

I will add that the usability also sucked. Only tried to adjust the volume, but that was awful. Traditional volume knob is waaay better.
  18. soundwave76

I have to disagree with you sir. The headphones look great, but that amp is just... weird. I actually saw and tried these both two weeks ago in the Helsinki Hifi Expo. It was a very noisy area so impossible to say a lot about the sound, but oh boy those headphones were light and comfortable!
  19. soundwave76

Neumann KH80 II / Genelec 8320 With USB in Future Product?

Or USB-AES interface which doesn't have a DAC at all. I use an old Matrix X-SPDIF box. Others exists as well.
  20. soundwave76

Does the DAC chip or it's specs matter if it feeds the speakers via AES/EBU???

You will probably be fine with just the GLM software and your mouse wheel for volume control. Try that first and buy the separate volume knob later if needed.
Top Bottom