Search results

1. T

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

If you’re after volume control and dirac/DSP then yeah, don’t see why it won’t work great. I have a good room and my speakers measure so well unprocessed at my listening position that adding dirac seems superfluous. It seems to be over correcting for a problem that isn’t there, and takes a bit...
  2. T

CD player measurements?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any links to cd player measurements, specifically regarding jitter.
  3. T

An EQ Experiment in my listening room

Yeah so in your (subjective, I know) opinion do you think the extra ADC to DAC has a detrimental effect on the sound quality? I tried an ADC with my vinyl set-up to add Dirac to my analog chain and it sounded awful, but that's a bit different.
  4. T

Wow sounds cool. So do the active crossovers have to run an extra ADC to DAC after your initial DAC source? I have a buddy with some Klipsch Jubilees that do such a thing.
  5. T

Yeah nicely sloping down, which many prefer. My response at the tip of the equilateral triangle is similar, although not sloping down quiiiite as much. What speakers and amplification do you have?
  6. T

Yeah most people seem to prefer (subjectively) a Harmon curve. I prefer a flat response where I'm getting each frequency at exactly the intended volume. Personal preference. If I measure from further back in the room (near the tip of the equilateral triangle) the entire response slopes down at...
  7. T

This is where the objective vs subjective argument comes in. With Dirac in the chain my frequency response was flatter and sloping in a variety of Harmon curves as shown below, so objectively they measured better, but subjectively sounded worse. The only way I can describe the "worse" is with...
  8. T

Hey guys, I've spent a lot of time Optimizing my Speaker Positioning using REW and after weeks of tweaking my current set-up has the following psychoacoustically smoothed frequency response at the listening position as measured by a Umik-1 microphone: As you can see I've got a...
  9. T

Awesome thanks. I will have another re-measure in a couple days when I have a quiet house. Very interested to see if I can get a Dirac correction at high frequencies that I like.
  10. T

So you suggest measuring from tip of equilateral triangle even if that isn't the ideal listening position in my room? Okay, I will try it, along with running an REW sweep directly after to see if I get a flat response. A few questions while you're here: 1.) Remove listening chair or keep it...
  11. T

Sitting slightly nearfield from the tip of the equilateral triangle sounds best in my room to both my ears and my measurement microphone.
  12. T

My set-up: My hi-fi: I placed the mic horizontally with the 0 degree at the exact center of listening position accurate to the millimeter: I will do a re-measure and see if I get better results. But at the moment Dirac is destroying my sound completely.
  13. T

If you try Lyngdorf please let me know your thoughts.
  14. T

I’ve had the same exact experience. I’ve been listening for the last week and I keep going back to unprocessed signal. The three dimensionality of the images disappears with dirac on. It goes from three dimensional “I’m there” feeling to a two-dimensional “on a screen” feeling. I’m going to re...
  15. T

Time vs Intensity Image Stability Experiment

Yeah that's one of the coolest (and most useful) tools on the website for sure!
  16. T

Interesting thanks for impressions. I will do the same thing on my set up tonight and see how it compares.
  17. T

Hmm. My listening position is a bit more near field than normal, roughly 30cm inside of the tip of the equilateral triangle, so that may account for the similarity in image stability. I'm not sure of the physics of your theory though, as sound pressure attenuates at an inverse square to...
  18. T

What did you do with Dirac and why wasn't it impressive?
  19. T

I've been speaking to a few of the people from that chat and it all still applies. The MiniDSP doesn't have an easy way to see how much boost Dirac puts on so you have to either set it at -10dB to be guaranteed no clipping, but that will reduce headroom on your amp. So if you want max headroom...
Top Bottom