Search results

1. I

Not a big fan of how headphones feel

Is there a question there somewhere?
  2. I

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

My main gripe with WiiM has been resolved with the latest firmware update: 4.8.530554 Optical Input Boost: Now enjoy multi-room audio over 48 kHz/16-bit on optical input Even if the Pro internally downsamples (unclear), this means it's no longer a lowest common denominator in my audio chain...
  3. I

ADC device for WiiM Pro

I didn't end up finding anything for a moderate amount of money, but my main gripe with WiiM Pro has been resolved with the latest firmware update: 4.8.530554 Optical Input Boost: Now enjoy multi-room audio over 48 kHz/16-bit on optical input Even if it internally resamples (unclear), this...
  4. I

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Apart from the oldest CVE, I don't consider this a particularly big deal; it's not like you'll have these devices routable to the internet anyway.
  5. I

Linus Tech Tips is going to be testing audio gear? LTT Lab 1

Hmm. Let's be real; Linus has shown time and time again that nothing would've happened had GN Steve done that. He's an overly emotional lasher-out and doubler-down on bad takes. Even I could tell that and I haven't really watched much of his — honestly — low quality content. Hell, in that...
  6. I

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Solved it with an SMSL D-6. Thanks for the pointer.
  7. I

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I had the same problem with my LG OLED and a Topping DX5. I needed balanced out and dual outputs so I got an SMSL D-6 and that works fine, FWIW.
  8. I

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Thanks for the review! I would rather have seen a better ADC, and have the WiiM Mini have an improved DAC instead, with the way I'm using/trying to use WiiM multi-room. The release of this unit doesn't look like it really changes much, if anything, for me.
  9. I

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

Well first they sued them (and lost) to make them bleed money and go bankrupt, and then they bought them.
  10. I

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

I still have PTSD from what they did to Aureal. I had a Diamond Monster Sound MX300.
  11. I

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Has anyone experienced audio dropouts when connected via Toslink? I have these about 1-2 times per minute connected to an LG OLED55B7 tv. I didn't have this problem with the previous DAC connected to the tv with the same Toslink cable.
  12. I

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

IMO, DACs and audio interfaces should be boring. Ideally, this forum would not need to exist.
  13. I

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

Ooh, so this app communicates with the device via MIDI? So technically, with a bit of reverse engineering you could write a Home Assistant integration that talks to the ADI-2 via MIDI for automation purposes? It would be amazing to be able to automatically switch EQ curves tuned to the speakers...
  14. I

Is there any better of Neumann KH150 + 2x KH750 at this price range?

There's also the 8340 and 8350 which would bring the Genelec setups closer in price.
  15. I

ADC device for WiiM Pro

Hmm, yeah, or something that's less discontinued and has a bit of a smaller footprint. Thanks for the suggestion though!
  16. I

Why is professional audio in the WFH age so difficult?

This is the same mic I use. It's discontinued since long but it's better than the Shure MV7, and I get compliments by coworkers all the time about my audio.
  17. I

WiiM Pro Streamer

I'm mostly interested in a better ADC. DACs are a dime a dozen and it's beyond trivial to find a better one. ADC not so much. I'm having a really hard time finding a device to pair with the regular Pro. Before I knew about the Pro+, I was very close to buying some random ones from Amazon and try...
  18. I

SMSL H300 headamp - no reviews?

Specs are insane, but those dip switches aren't really meant to be used other than in a set-it-and-forget-it way, I guess. Should've gone with even more retro ones like the ones on spl Phonitor devices.
  19. I

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Not powerful enough, but more importantly, not with speaker terminals.
  20. I

More nonsense on Agon

Got it, chief; that's fair. Pardon for the thread interruption.
Top Bottom