Search results

1. JohnYang1997

Ask me questions.

Anything related. I answer them as much as I can.
  2. JohnYang1997

Linus from LTT did an video on snake oil pcie power conditioner.

How did he manage to do this? I heard DMS in the end.
  3. JohnYang1997

Found out the circuit of THX 789. It's nothing new.

It's basically a composite amplifier or a nested feedback amplifier. They put a opa546 in the feedback loop of opa1602. That's it. The so called feed forward technology is purely BS. They added a resistor of 37.4ohm which only decreased the feedback factor at lowest frequency. And they call this...
  4. JohnYang1997

Experiments with digital filters and CCIF IMD

Topping dx3pro provides 6 different digital filters. Most people say they can't hear a difference. Sure the mechanics of the function of human auditory system don't really allow us to hear obvious difference of these filters. We hare most sensitive to frequency response. But we can't hear over...
  5. JohnYang1997

Experiments with Digital filters and CCIF IMD

Wrong subforum. please delete. @amirm
  6. JohnYang1997

Jitter of DAC. Or is it jitter?

As amirm has measured many DACs, some have good jitter some have poor jitter performance. Some shows a pattern of modulation distortion. What's going on? 44.1khz vs 48khz The retro issue still exists. Here I specifically use three DACs to demonstrate this issue. Topping DX3 Pro Topping D30 SMSL...
  7. JohnYang1997

Why there aren't pcm1794 dac anymore.

There are still cs4398 dacs but not BB anymore. Old violectric v800, bit newer v880, teac ud501 use pcm1794/pcm1795 and measures very good. Superb thd and outstanding IMD. Is it because people are all going crazy about ess and pcm1794 is relatively expensive comparing to ess non pro models and...
  8. JohnYang1997

Wierd stuff ess chip does

More detail here. And comparisons. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-8-version-2-balanced-dac.5433/page-37
  9. JohnYang1997

Nested feedback/ composite amplifier opamp requirements(unexplained results)

Hi everyone. Recently, I have been doing a composite amplifier with tpa6120a2. It's a great chip and i have had pretty good result so far. However these is something I can't explain so far. I have had a chance to measure the distortion of the original jds el amp and did modification with...
  10. JohnYang1997

Nested feedback/ composite amplifier opamp requirements(unexplained results)

Hi everyone. Recently, I have been doing a composite amplifier with tpa6120a2. It's a great chip and i have had pretty good result so far. However these is something I can't explain so far. I have had a chance to measure the distortion of the original jds el amp and did modification with...
Top Bottom