Search results

1. S

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I think I'd buy this to enhance the audio quality of my current setup. From TV RCA out > amp RCA input > amp headphone out > powered speaker RCA in
  2. S

DAC with EQ for TV?

I like the idea but it's a bit challenging to go with Raspberry Pi setup. I have a spare a android phone. I'm thinking if it's possible to use that for EQ adjustment.
  3. S

DAC with EQ for TV?

Hi, I recently bought the Edifier R2750DB. It's connected to my TV via TRS to RCA cable. I'd like to have more control over the sound by adding a DAC. And use toslink out from TV to toslink input on the DAC and from DAC to speaker via RCA. So I was browsing the web for a DAC that has EQ setting...
  4. S

Looking for my next set of bookshelf/monitor active speakers

Just to update everyone.I got a pair of Edifier R2750DB for just AUD $155 (including shipping). It was a good deal so I thought why not try them out. Things I like about them: 1. Wider sound stage (woofer, mid-range, tweeter) 2. Better lows (goes lower than AV40) Things I dont like: 1. They're...
  5. S

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Senheiser claims the Frequency Response is: 4 - 51,000 Hz. I wonder how they can measure anything below 20Hz?
  6. S

The JBL seems to be a good upgrade to my AV40. I have the 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TRS adaptor and RCA to 3.5mm cable. :)
  7. S

Should I expect a huge improvement over my old AV40 if I go with JBL? If anything cheaper is on your list feel free to post it here :)
  8. S

Hi everyone, I've had my M-Audio AV40 for over 8 years and last week it started playing up. When I turn on the speaker it makes a loud buzzing sound that can't be adjusted by volume control. Here's the link to the video I recorded while playing music on my TV. I opened the active speaker to...
  9. S

Do I need a DAC/ AMP for Primo EM272 mic?

I purchased the adaptor and plugged into the Rode Ai Micro and bingo! It works in stereo mode now! Thank you for recommending the Rode and adaptor.
  10. S

I found this. Hosa Ymm 492 3.5mm trsf to dual ts. I hope it works.
  11. S

Hmmm, I thought the clippy doesn't requite much power to operate. I'll buy the splitter to test it out. Thanks for you help and prompt response.
  12. S

Directly into channel 1 and changed the recording mode to stereo.
  13. S

I used my ASR recorder app on my phone and it records in stereo so definitely the Rode Ai Micro os not recording in stereo when in stereo mode as claimed by the manufacturer.
  14. S

I bought one today. Tested it using all the modes (split, merged and stereo) but unfortunately it only picks one of the microphones in stereo mode! I watched a video on YouTube that the guy successfully tested it with the rode stereo mic and it worked fine in stereo mode. I'll return it later today.
  15. S

Ok, I received the mic. :) I have plugged it into my phone and recorded using multiple recording apps. The issue is that there is a hiss sound even when I lower the mic level on the apps to -20db. I need the recording to be detailed, clear and noise free. I was thinking of getting Motu M2 but...
  16. S

Thanks very much for the detailed response! I love it when I get response from people who have great knowledge of audio science.
  17. S

Hi all, I'm going to buy the EM272 mic capsules to connect to my smartphone. The mic requires 5v power to operate but I'm not sure if my phone (LG G8 thinq with quad dac) can provide 5v power to run the mic over it's 3.5mm jack. Here's the mic datasheet...
Top Bottom