Search results

1. D

Never Go Full Gustard: An X20 non-U Adventure (Dual 9038 in a dual 9018 house? Or just a house fire?)

So, back in my early days of being able to afford better gear, I snagged a newly-released Gustard X20 (not the X20u with the USB card). THis unit served me faithfully until about 2019, when I decided that the DX7 Pro was good enough to ditch the HP amp (many) / DAC stack and convert to an AIO...
  2. D

Chinese DriveHack PA2 Hopeful Improvements

The story starts with me originally ordering a cloned Venu360 since some posters indicasted they seemed to be units which 'left' the DBX facility. The seller did not have any VENUs (which was good after I saw Amirm's review) and the seller offered to sent two driverack PA2 clones instead...
  3. D

Quick & Dirty Measurements of Marantz NR1711 PCM5102A Version (05/2021+)

I am not aware of anybody measuring Marantz' 2020-2021 slimline series receivers with the updated PCm5102A DACs after the AK fire. Supposedly the NR series does not have Marantz' infamous HDAM/JDAM/AMRAAM/NSAM/AMTRAK or whatever they are called. I recently came into ownership of a Cosmos ADC...
  4. D

ISO: 5V Low Noise/Ripple 3A+ SE supply.

I am not a fan of linear supplies. I will get that rout of the way now. However, I find myself in need of something approaching such a supply. I have a janktastic DAC (with some promising attributes) which takes 5VDC because it has basically no power conditioning whatsoever. The whole path to...
Top Bottom