Search results

1. Q

Our phone company has a sense of humor....

And I thought that internet here in Germany is expensive.... Cable 1000/50 for 40€ (42$), Hamburg Germany And my mom Fibre 400/400 for 70€ - Want to have that too, but have no fibre here......
  2. Q

Windows 11 must be stopped

Bad prediction for the future. For all who want their control back for now: Windows AME or Manjaro KDE
  3. Q

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

I'm waiting to get some used Revel Ultima Salon 2 here in Germany and now this review. It almost cost the same but with these Ill get a new product. Will I regret it to buy the Neumann over the Salon 2 or the Genelec? I want to buy quality once and want never look back. What should I do now?
  4. Q

For Linux users, what is your favorite Desktop environment, and Distro?

Manjaro KDE, since 5 years rolling release. Not a single Problem. Love it!
  5. Q

Does the cable length matter?

Hi, I made my DIY speakers "active" with a Beocreate. Active crossover inside the Beocreate, so 4 wires to each speaker. The Beocreate is mounted on the right one. Does the very different cable length to the left speaker matter? I found much information in both directions and hearing nothing...
  6. Q

Crossover, passive to active, not that easy?

Hi, I have a DIY set of speakers with a Tangband 1772 and 2 Eminence Alpha 15 like woofers for the lows. The speaker has a simple 500Hz 18 dB/octave HP, 12 dB/octave LP crossover. Because I bought a Hifiberry Beocreate I was thinking of making my speaker pair active and then use the 4 channel...
  7. Q

Pure Audio Project Trio with Tangband 1808 experience anyone?

Nice build Sprint. Meanwhile I build my own version of the Trio TB and it sounds great. Is there a owner who exactly know the crossover frequency of sub and fullrange? I choose the 1772 and after a long time with Alpha 15 I switched to another brand that sound better in my ears. And some...
  8. Q

Is this LM3886 schematic good?

Hello, I build myself a stereo LM3886 amp with a toroidal transformer, a power supply board, 2 mono boards with LM3886, Volumio, 7" touch display, Khadas Tone board and an encoder for hardware volume control. Because it sounds that great, I want to make the supply board and LM3886 boards myself...
  9. Q

What 15" woofer is better for open baffle?

Hi, I hope someone can help me, because I cant choose one. What woofer is better for open baffle when neutrality and precision is the goal? The top datasheet or the bottom one? And why? Thank you so far QUO
  10. Q

My 2/3 DIY Corona Setup, Thank You ASR

Yes it is. And yes I use Dirac. 3 different presets for the 3 speaker sets. Sometimes I hear without it, it depends. The outer speakers are best without Dirac.
  11. Q

Thanks, yes open baffle and the design is DIY in Fusion 360 and then jigsaw and router :-) But not yet finished.
  12. Q

Hi to everyone, thanks to this forum with all the knowledge and great members. Over quiet some time my setup has developed to the stage there it is now. This is the best setup I ever own and Im listening to it every day. Sometimes I stuck hours without moving and forget about everything :) So...
  13. Q

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

MiniDSP SHD -> Hypex NC400 Mono KIT -> Revel F208, Dirac 20Hz to 20kHz, +2dB to -6dB, really bad room :-) New listening position ... first Dirac test. Some work to do ...
  14. Q

3. my favourite is 20hz to 20khz, +2db to -6db or end in -3db. depends on track/genre. or 20hz to 200hz flat and then -6db or -3db to 20khz
  15. Q

Thanks amirm. I bought a pair 2 months ago, because of recommendations on this forum and now I know on "paper" that they are great. They run on MiniDSP SHD - DIY NC400Mono KIT
  16. Q

How do you consume news and keep yourselves informed?

I dont watch any news. I never owned a TV and only use 2 german sites about new IT stuff. No radio or apps. Every 10 days I read on my county homepage if there are some new rules and thats it. Its so relaxed to do it that way. The basic rules was created weeks ago and they wont change in the...
  17. Q

LM3886T mounting question...

It depends. If u have the model with LM3886TF, the temperature coefficient is lower, because of the housing is made of plastic. Then you dont need the insulation. If you have the type without TF at the end, there is metal on the backside and the upper part where the mount hole is, is made out of...
  18. Q

Does good measurement system sound good to your ears?

In my setup, (MiniDSP SHD Dirac -> 2 Hypex NC400 Mono Kit -> Revel F208) that I upgraded from Yamaha R-N803D and DIY open baffle speaker, I hear improvements that are worth the money: Yamaha vs Hypex as AMP -> much better lows and a bit better highs Yamaha vs SHD as PREAMP etc. -> XLR capable...
  19. Q

Speaker recommendation around the Revel F208

Since today my setup is complete so far. Spotify/Tidal/NAS -> MiniDSP SHD -> 2x Hypex DIY NC400 -> 2x Revel F208 I played around with Dirac, Volumio and Roon. I can easily get down to 20Hz at my preferred volume levels. All in all, there is not much correction needed, only <200Hz and it works...
Top Bottom