Search results

1. D

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

It says they were unable to inject IMD into the signal, only THD. I've read that IMD is more detectable by humans than THD. Though it's been measured in amps and DACs, and pointed out many times on here, I don't think IMD has been audible in any of the gear I've had. Would I honestly be able...
  2. D

Review and Measurements of PS Audio NuWave DAC

Then you can hear, over 18 kHz. I top out at 13 kHz due to my age. I can't even detect a 1 db change at 500 kHz in real music (and not test sine waves). Between -30 db and -45 db below source is audible when seated at the listening chair, yet people here choose to go on about -110 db being...
  3. D

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

Lower distortion doesn't equal quality of the engineering as it relates to real world music. It's not a game where whomever gets the best SINAD ratings wins. I'm out.
  4. D

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

Thank you! https://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/distortion/ Alan Lofft know what he's doing. THD has to be 3% before it can be detected by the listener at 1.8 kHz. Look at all the graphs on here complaining about something that had measured over -100 db below the level of the source. The idea that...
  5. D

GR Research "The Bully"

I have that subwoofer. It's the 76 lb Rythmik F12G which I had paid $1200 for. The 12 inch paper driver with a servo and the A370 amp has been out for a while. Danny does have some good ideas; the Bully's just not for me. I can vouch for his M-165NQ push/pull driver at $140 in an open baffle...
  6. D

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

It's back on again. I don't know why or for how long
  7. D

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Yes it pops all the time. Though I probably shouldn't expect anything except bare bones circuitry at the $560 price point. Mine is currently bricked
  8. D

Rosson RAD-0 and ZMF Auteur Classic impressions vs Audeze LCD-3

I had LCD-3 in 2020, and had sold it for $980. I had sold it because my speakers had handily out-resolved them (they are closer to LCD-4), with and without using the Reveal plug-in. It wasn't even close. What the LCD-3 did do well, was offering a warm, lush quality to female vocals, and a...
  9. D

Why the hate for Grado?

I look regularly on Hifishark for used Grados. They're a want, and not a need, since I now have a single family house and don't have to worry about disturbing others. Main complaints about Grados are the foam feels scratchy and uncomfortable on your ears, and a lack of bass. Last review I read...
  10. D

Why the hate for Grado?

Clears are the "clear" winner in resolution. I think you have look at Grado models that are much more expensive than the 325X in order to match it.
  11. D

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

I would find out which three way speakers have domes, then look at off axis frequency response curves for a number of products. The one that has a bigger sag in the midrange at 30 degrees, has worse off axis response. The peculiar part for me, was, I had happened to have gone from what looks...
  12. D

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

Wharfedale EVO series. I had the 4.4 towers for about a month, and hadn't found the dome to be clearly superior to that of cone midranges at a similar price point in terms of resolution, imaging, or soundstage. We would expect the dome to have great omnidirectional dispersion as its main selling...
  13. D

Extreme Snake Oil

I always wondered what it would cost to use pure silver instead of copper in some of those boutique cables. Digikey and Mouser work for me, in the event that I feel the passive filtering is inadequate in any of my power supplies. I do lack an oscilloscope to be able to spot noise.. perhaps...
  14. D

How to remove / cancel 17000hz noise? Help!

12.8 kHz for me. Normal age related. You can make test tones in REW. The audiologist says they don't test above 10k.
  15. D

Extreme Snake Oil

GR Research $249 power cables https://gr-research.com/cables/ At least they don't sell speaker cable elevators anymore.
  16. D

Why the hate for Grado?

Daniel here from Plano, TX. The great Brent Butterworth had reviewed the new RS2x earlier this year. Few people are more experienced or knowledgeable, than him. https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/equipment/headphones/324-grado-rs2x-headphones Looks like these do some things well, but...
Top Bottom