Search results

1. Huang Jerry

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

West Lake District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, PRC. Aka a very pretty place to be.
  2. Huang Jerry

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

Not much improved over the old one I reckon.. I also have personal experience with QC issues with hifiman, I have one driver on my brand new HE400 that has a very audible distortion peak at 10khz. Thankfully hifiman seems happy to replace them:)
  3. Huang Jerry

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

It's good, but I'm afraid a dac now needs to stand out and be flawless in order to be even close to appealing.
  4. Huang Jerry

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Tremendous effort with the copious amount of detailed measurements! Very unhelpful in quenching my desire to buy a KH750 though :)
  5. Huang Jerry

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

My god is it a shitshow... Wish competent companies gets round to implement better and more useful software in their DACs. Also $10000 is just a blatant rip-off.
  6. Huang Jerry

Meyer Sound Amie Monitor Review

I like it, but in a world where KH150s and 8341Bs exists, I don't see the reason of chosing this one over the competition. Nice try from the company though.
  7. Huang Jerry

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Yeah good great very nice But is it sensible to get one of these instead of a huge number of other (great) things? Knock $3000 off from list price and I'll happily vote great. As it stands now, it deserves no more than "not terrible".
  8. Huang Jerry

Classic Audio MC Pro Phonostage Review

You mean "I like balanced output as audio gear has its own ground loops"? @amirm
  9. Huang Jerry

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

The line in and ADC feature set does make it interesting consumer device, but then 270USD also gets you the Motu M2... A novelty for sure but just not objectively good enough.
  10. Huang Jerry

XSA Labs Vanguard Speaker Review

I liked the bamboo, and I hated everything else.. The crossover either was a bad "classic" design or just incompetent.
  11. Huang Jerry

Weird problem with my KH O110 studio monitor.

Also big shoutout to Facebook: bmb amplifier for sorting these out for me, and only for ~150USD. Great bloke too.
  12. Huang Jerry

To avoid the cardinal sin of not reporting the solution of problem encountered, here is a overview of what is done to fix the speaker. The LM337SP is indeed not working optimally, but the problem is traced to two diodes in the control circuit shatting themselves (likely due to switching on...
  13. Huang Jerry

OLLO S5X Headphone Review

Looks fine, but I'd have the HE400se please.
  14. Huang Jerry

I had some time to give it a checkover, though I did not test amplifier boards seperately. I did discover something intriguing: The voltage regulator chip in one side is cool when switched on for 20 min, while the other is scolding to touch. I do note that one of the speakers had some of its...
  15. Huang Jerry

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Looks (and measures) wonderful - As always. I'll save up or sell my kidney just for that VU meter screen
  16. Huang Jerry

Moondrop Blessing 3 Review

That dot matrix looking emblem is so cool.
  17. Huang Jerry

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Funny enough, me and a (very well off) friend of mine did a blind test between this+topping L30 and his DCS Bartok for fun, music being an eclectic selection between jazz, male vocals, symphony, death metal and garage tunes Total of 12 tracks, using same DCA aeon flow Me: Prefer DCS Bartok: 4...
  18. Huang Jerry

Thanks, I'll chuck it in Google translate and take a look.
  19. Huang Jerry

That would be my fear, as other than a few through hole capacitors amplifier chips and some weird components I cannot recognise, everything else is surface mounted. Everything works perfectly. Tried for a bit for both power amp and preamp, noise persists. That would be my next course of...
  20. Huang Jerry

Sometimes the noise is louder at startup, in my experience it is also more frequent then.
Top Bottom