Search results

1. nygafre

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Still a lot of support for Amir coming on the Tekton FB page, despite the removed posts/users.
  2. nygafre

I get your points, but perhaps it’s just better to let the man bark? He seems to create new lies and misinformation by the day; now also twisting something that Dr. choueiri expressed about Tekton too. That he can’t even quote something said in a truthful and ethical manner now kinda erradicates...
  3. nygafre

So now he will ruin the Utah Real Estate business of ‘Mark and Dave’ too :p
  4. nygafre

Yeah, for every new model from what I picked up(?)
  5. nygafre

I’ve learned to be very careful about approaching/taking on narcissistic bullies (easy to say after the fact).. never underestimate them. They might be in the wrong, but it is almost unfathomable what lengths people with that energy and fighting attitude will go to. Somehow they must be pushed...
  6. nygafre

Juxtaposing this case with how e.g. Cambridge Audio approached Amir after the initial CXA81 review really shows the difference a more humble and resolving approach can have. Both parts benefits.
  7. nygafre

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Yeah, I would also do what seems/sounds best regarding height. The scale is too big on this photo I have on my phone, but here you see my measurements from the Spektor 2’s firing straight ahead (teal) and when positioned towards me (purple). Some difference in the highs there, the teal curve...
  8. nygafre

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I’ve always found Dalis to sound best when seated a bit above tweeter height. Measurements also indicate to preferably be seated at or above the tweeter-level. As per the Dali instructions the speakers usually work best when positioned to fire straight ahead from the wall, ie not pointing...
  9. nygafre

I swapped Ls50 for an R3 meta ….im I imagining

Based on my experiences with R3 Meta and other speakers (namely Dali recently), my ‘feeling’ is that it might be the directivity - if indeed the LS50’s are a bit wider. Even though the R3 M’s are better than the Spektor 2s I own, and some Opticon 2 MK2’s I’ve demoed alongside my Metas at home...
  10. nygafre

Describe your decisive experience that completely changed your view of audiophilia with a comment.

1. After demoing/testing amps for a year, it eventually clicked that I was chasing the wrong ‘bone’ for getting the sound I wanted. 2. How incredible revealing and humbling a ‘blind test’ can be. I was going away for work for two weeks. Before I left, I had hooked up both my second setup...
  11. nygafre

Vintage speakers that hold up

My dads Bowers & Wilkins DM4’s (produced in the 70’s) still sound quite impressive to my ears. I measured them in the living room too, and they were quite flat and nicely extended in the highs (at least not rolled off). On the caveat side they were a bit weak in the mid-bass, and also lack lower...
  12. nygafre

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

I say yes to shopping from measurements alone, as this proved to be a huge step forward in my whole approach to speakers and listening experience. But I will add to that preferably when coupled with a certain experience/practical understanding of the different characteristics of the speaker(s)...
  13. nygafre

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Currently away for work, so I don’t have any specific data in front of me. But yes, generally some (broad) filters for the higher frequencies above 2kHz.. my target curve already matches quite well with the natural response here, so the correction is on the gentle side. I do have some uneveness...
  14. nygafre

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

I went from the R3 to the R3 Metas. I like the improvements in the Meta version, but it is hard to argue for it’s value proposition vs the original R3’s. Now that I also run PEQ filters, I would probably have been happy with the old R3’s too.
  15. nygafre

Speakers KEF R3 equipment match

For the price-performance and also availability in Norway I could not find anything significantly better without paying probably 2x the amount. An SVS pro or e.g. an Arendal 1961 1s would be nice to have a few PEQ filters to correct the response.. but I do run my system fully corrected from my...
  16. nygafre

Long term it’s a much more flexible approach. Can’t comment on the difference between the Lux and Standard unfortunately. I see you already got good recommendations for subs. I just bought an SVS SB-1000 non pro here. My room is 20sqm, so almost same as yours! The R3’s already go low enough...
  17. nygafre

I have the R3 Metas used with a Powernode N330. It’s a nice enough and simple setup, but with an aio like the Powernode I’ve found the setup quite inflexible for where I am now regarding room correction/Dirac Live etc. I would probably get the miniDSP Flex (HT in my case) and a NCore/Purify...
  18. nygafre

MiniDSP Flex HTx

This, or the Flex HT would be great in my setup Apple TV 4K -> TV -> Flex HT (ARC/eARC). The Multichannel LPCM from Apple TV just bypasses the TV via HDMI and goes straight to the Flex HT/HTx. No need for decoding by the TV or an AVR (in my case). Looks like a real nice device.
  19. nygafre

Revel M106 upgrade from Dali Oberon 1 - rookie subjective impressions

Did you EQ the Opticons? I like the 2 MK2’s quite a bit.. felt I picked up a little bit of overemphasis/‘boomy’ bass when I auditioned them, but all else good. Could easily be corrected though. I have a very similar impression of the Spektor 2’s; nice for casual/background listening.
  20. nygafre

New Hi Fi system is bright :(

Similarly to OP, I just did this via the iTunes equalizer. Wow, marked improvement. Calmed the speakers down in a nice way (suddenly forget that I'm listening to speakers). Now I just need to figure out how to do the same for HT applications (some day), preferably without changing any gear...
Top Bottom