Search results

1. D

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

What's the point of the firmware? I plug it in, it works, and that's it. Does it really make a difference?
  2. D

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Interesting, as I really want to try it. I know people say they can hear differences between dacs, etc., but I just can't for the life of me. For example, I've listened to music directly from my laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon), iPhone 6's 3.5mm jack, apple dongle, Topping DX3 Pro+, and FiiO KA3 (all...
  3. D

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Is there an audible difference between DX3 and Mojo 2?
  4. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

In my use case, I can’t think of why I’d need the Pro over the Mini. I run it toslink to my Topping DX3 Pro+ for my headphones (Focal clear og). Would love to know the reasons why people are upgrading to the pro.
  5. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

This maybe true, but to be honest with you, (for giggles) I plugged my Focal Clear og directly to the line output of the WiiM Mini. To my surprise, it sounded really good, and no noticeable difference than when outputting SPIDF to my Topping DX3 Pro+.
  6. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Honestly, I think the internal dac on the mini is actually pretty good (measurements aside). I tried plugging my Focal Clear og directly in the aux port, and it sounds just as good as when I run toslink to my Topping DX3 Pro+. I can't hear the difference...
  7. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I typically output SPDIF to my topping dx3 pro+, but just for giggles I decided to plug my headphone into the aux output. And honestly it sounds really good!
  8. D

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Agreed. Likely placebo. But if he "hears" a difference, then that's great because that is all that matters.
  9. D

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I don't think it's a true "balanced" headphone output. It's just there for convenience.
  10. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

To be fair, the current burr brown in the mini is from 10+ years ago. So anything since then would be "new" over the current one in the mini...
  11. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Does anyone know what dac will be inside this?
  12. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I’ve always found 5ghz’s connection to be too unstable so I stick with 2.4ghz. You don’t need the 5ghz speed for steaming music.
  13. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I really appreciate linkplay software chops. Really good!
  14. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

By the way, the mini is currently on sale for $79 on Amazon. It’s a no brainer at that price!
  15. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I find 5ghz too shortand unstable to use around my house. the connection goes in and out. I stock with 2.4.
  16. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Maybe it's just me, but a half a second gap is not that big a deal...
  17. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I’m a prime member, so when I got it I only paid $79 for the entire year, so it’s a really good deal. I think it has since gone up, but still very good—like $90 a year.
  18. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Another question for you. How do you add an entire album? When I did it, it only added the song that was playing.
Top Bottom