Search results

1. M

Khadas tone board and Pixel 2 XL with powered USB hub?

I'll try it. I have a usbc to usba cable that should work. We will see. Thanks for the input.
  2. M

What wire to build my own RCA interconnects?

They are complete. I'm not crazy about the neutrik connectors in the redesigned outer ring. Not sure of terminology. The outer gold plated part that holds the plug on tight. It is a tight connection, but it only grips on two sides and allows the connector to wiggle. Other than that they...
  3. M

Don't think it matters since I am powering the hub via power outlet. I'm not worried about charging the phone. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OTG cable
  4. M

DAC/AMP RCA interconnects/jumpers?

Cables are finished. I had to use a magnifying glass to verify my work. I also checked them with a meter to verify no shorts and continuity. They turned out nice. I am not crazy about the redesigned ends.
  5. M

Well I tried that. No go. In fact I can't get my Droid turbo 2 to work either.
  6. M

No Velcro necessary. It's bolted together.
  7. M

I have decided to mount the toneboard near the front of my Atom amp. I will design a 3d printed case. I will be making my own 6" or so long cables.
  8. M

You know what, you sir are correct. I think I was using the top ports. I forgot all about that. It has a port on the side near the power button. I will retry my tests tonight. Thanks for reminding me, I can be brain dead sometimes. lol Your listed hub is the one I purchased.
  9. M

When I used to work in industrial controls, we used to connect one end of the low voltage control (analog 4-20ma) circuit to ground. It does not matter which end. The key is that only one end can be grounded though. We usually just grounded the cable in the main cabinet rather than in the...
  10. M

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

No, that will not work due to the way the cover is fastened to the atom circuit board. The top cover has 4 posts that align with the rubber feet on the bottom and are injection molded to go tight down against the circuit board. The hardware then goes through the bottom, circuit board, and...
  11. M

I have tried all settings in the USB default settings. Midi is where it currently resides. I have tried toggling the USB audio on and off as well.
  12. M

Android 8 USB audio

I can not get my tone board to work with my pixel 2 xl. I have tried it with and without a powered usb hub. Nothing. No audio. It just continues to play on the phones speakers. If I plug in my pixel dongle, it magically works. I dont get it. If anyone out there has a pixel 2, could you...
  13. M

Well I can not get it to work. I bought the powered usb hub. Its an aukey 7 port. It powers up the tone board. It also powers up the phone. But I do not get the audio passthrough. My phone still just plays on the built in speakers. I hate usb audio. It does not work on my laptop either.
  14. M

Be sure to post it up. I'd love to see the woodwork.
  15. M

Good to hear. I just stumbled upon them online. They happened to have a good price on the wire and connectors, so I purchased.
  16. M

Yes it is. It is bolted to the top of the Atom amp. The top is more than strong enough to handle it too. Sounds exceptional to boot.
  17. M

Thanks for the advice. I picked up 14' of canare wire and 8 neutrik rca connectors you recommended for $17 at Redco audio. I cant wait to get the goods. I did notice that the images on redco are slightly different than the ones you posted in the link. It is the same part number, but it looks...
  18. M

You will love them if they ever arrive. I ordered mine a week or so ago and they are here... The Khadas Atom
  19. M

And I present the Khadas Atom...

It's quite easy and looks nice. It sounds amazing on my Fidelio X2 cans. It's amazing how queit they are with nothing playing. I can't put to words the sound that flows through my ears. I want to thank you @amirm for all of your work on this site with regards to the reviews. It is what...
  20. M

And I present the Khadas Atom...

Well I did say start. Lol. I have not designed the cover yet. I hope to get something done in the coming weeks. I have never used any cad software before. It will be a learning adventure.
Top Bottom