Search results

1. L

Budget HD800? Soundstage & comfort recommendation, please!

Title says it all! What inexpensive headphones have you tried whose soundstage and comfort blew you away? As long as it isn't wonky beyond repair, don't worry about sound signature, as I'll probably Harmanize them. Neutral is better. I've found recommendations for the AKG K612 PRO, AKG K702...
  2. L

JBL A130: Help a Noob!

Alright. I remember watching a video advising against doing that, but I'll give it a shot. Will read up and get it done.
  3. L

I was afraid of messing that up. Is there anything I should be aware of while using bare wire?
  4. L

I understand that, but I can't complete step 1. I can unscrew them partially (enough for other types of connection), but not completely. Without doing that, I don't have access to the little plugs.
  5. L

I had just edited the post above to show the image from the manual.
  6. L

To get to the hole, I must first unscrew the black and red connectors and remove the plug that blocks it. But I haven't had luck unscrewing them completely, as the manual instructs:
  7. L

The A130 have arrived! Finally! I'm thrilled - well, with anticipation, because I bought banana plugs for the wire and those black & red connectors have me stumped. According to the manual, installation is as easy as unscrewing them, yanking out the plugs, screwing them back, and connecting the...
  8. L

What headphone(s) do you own ?

For people who owned the HD560S and the HE400SE, which did you enjoy the most in comfort and sound (pre- and post-EQ)? Hope this is the right place to ask!
  9. L

JBL 305p Mkii vs Edifier r1280db vs mr4

Yup! It'll buy me some time without regrets, I assume, to think about adding a subwoofer at a later point. TV, often connected to a PC. Considering a Chromecast for simpler music streaming in the future.
  10. L

Got the A06 as it was the one I could source locally, hoping that it inherits the qualities of its immediate siblings. Speakers and amp cost 40 bucks more than I would have spent on a single 305p unit. I'm thrilled, though they'll still take some time to arrive!
  11. L

Is the A06 (TPA3221) also good? I can get this one more easily.
  12. L

I can get a pair of A130 for a pretty good price. Would it be better to buy those and a cheap amp? Recs for the amp?
  13. L

Thanks, I appreciate the input, but I can't do that. The 305p is already a big stretch. By the time those speakers reach my country, their already high price (after conversion to our currency) shoots up to approximately two and a half minimum wages per unit, and a lot of us earn that around...
  14. L

Alright, the single unit it is. Beats the alternatives and can be extended later.
  15. L

Which would you pick IF your budget only allowed you to have a single unit of the JBL! Let Mortal Kombat II begin! Edit: Should have specified. Small room. Speakers 3m away from me!
  16. L

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

Yup, I'm sending them back. Thank you for the generous help, guys.
  17. L

Thank you. Mine didn't come with the box sticker or the print.
  18. L

I see. How do you know? The right side of mine is also labeled with "HE400se."
  19. L

Mine doesn't. I guess I'll return them.
Top Bottom