Search results

1. D

Phono (tube) pre amp with tone controls to fix bass problem?

Great write up! I completely understand your IF, but the options of placement and room treatment is limited in my family room. Today I hooked it up like this using my denon as the "equalizer box". I sounds good. I'll make a comparison to an pre amp with a rumble/subsonic filter in it. Hifi...
  2. D

Think so, but did something similar. Fed the singel out of the pre-amp to my denon in stead of directly into the integrated amp. This let's me take advatage of dirac live (which runs on the denon) and it sounds amazing Thanks for you thoughts
  3. D

Yeah saw that, but opted for putting a phone pre amp in between the table and the denon and it sounds great, dirac @ work Kill the boominess Thanks for the tip!! Rocking brothers in arms Money for nothing and my feet are tapping!
  4. D

No sadly I don't, it sounds so bad vs the phono pre amp module that I don't even consider using it.
  5. D

Oh, sorry didn't understand. Interesting.... I just found a possible solution, the ifi phono zen air. It has a subsonic filter for rumble and subsonic bass and its only 100 euro. Going to try this on its own and If no sufficient via the denon!
  6. D

Sounds like a solid option, although not the cheapest
  7. D

I could do that but it is a denon 3800h, which has a great measuring digital section, but I think the phono pre amp Is an afterthought and not very good. I tried it that way when I bought the table but I really don't like the sound. Thats why I bought the pre amp module for the atoll... which...
  8. D

Hi all, thanks a lot for all the input!! I'm sure its not mechanica as I tried the table in diff positions and even holding it down/pressing down on it, but did not change the bomminess. Next to this I can even recreate it in the digital domain by switching of the room correction. That the...
  9. D

I use dirac live (room correction or form of dsp) to correct the bass of the digital signal. If I switch that off I get the same mega boomy bass, so I know for sure that its the room gain. That why I'm looking for a way to control the bass output of the turntable
  10. D

Hi all, My journey in short: stated out with avr 5.1, upgraded the system with an atoll in200 for 2 channel listing (streaming via my avr) and lately bought a turntable. (speakers were q acoustics > monitor audio silver and latest upgrade Arendal 1723 s towers, such a big step just LOVE them)...
  11. D

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I bought and installed single sub dlbc and put that into my slot 1 and compared it to my normal dirac live full bandwidth curve slot 2 (which has my own custom crossover made into the curve of the fronts and sub) and could not hear any difference. The bass was the same to my ears. Tried it with...
  12. D

Think this is highly dependent on the situation. In non ideal rooms the standard dirac live already add significant (more) value (than Audyssey) I have such a room and dirac is very noticeably better than Audyssey. Better balance, more detail, better bass management..
  13. D

Hé all, question: if you have one subwoofer, is DLBC still a big step up??
  14. D

Is there a threat where storm audio users share their experience with ART? That group are the only ones with hands on experience right?
  15. D

Hey, good point. A dirac subject matter expert presented this topic in an interview with storm audio representative. ART does not need all channels to be full range. ART already works in a stereo setup. Left will correct right and visa versa. So say you have a 5.2 and you can run your mains...
  16. D

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Hi, thanks for sharing. I came from audeyssey and just installed dirac last week. Love it, more precise and full sound. Really a major leap, also in the bass area where it also tightend up a lot! What does DLBC add over the improvements dirac already makes sound wise? Could you describe it...
  17. D

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

Just wanted to update with my opinion after testing with Dirac today. For me in my room it is a significant improvement. I could get similar full sound and bass out of dirac (used audyssey plus app before, with dirac I bumped the bass for Front left and right plus subwoofer) but the main...
  18. D

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

Plus, do you need to re-run Dirac after you change the crossovers?
Top Bottom