Search results

1. T

Throwing away my DAC for monitor speakers, and still feeling nothing really changed... is my ear dumb or its simply the case

From my measurement, THD is well under control and not very different from measurement of my EX5.
  2. T

Throwing away my DAC for monitor speakers, and still feeling nothing really changed... is my ear dumb or its simply the case

Still, <20Hz is not audiable anyways and KC62 cannot dive below 20Hz. (It can, but not audiable, SPL is below threshold). Maybe high SPL replay makes a difference, but, as you said, I usually don't do that for many reasons: 1. Neighbors will be unhappy. 2. My room mode simply explode at high...
  3. T

Background story, see here: link My previous setup is Topping EX5 RCAout -> KEF KC62 -> Genelec G3. Now, because there is a nice selling offer, I sold my EX5 and currently running as: PC 3.5mm out->KEF KC62->Genelec G3. (The motherboard is ASUS C8H) Interestingly, I really could not tell if...
  4. T

Confused by PulseEffects in Linux, what are those 'mode' suppose to mean?

So, I am installing my personal Linux for some coding and I am interested in setting up some proper DSP there as well. So far, PulseEffects seems to be the easiest to set up yet I could not figure out how to use it properly. My main question is that I have no idea what are those 'mode' in...
  5. T

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

EX5 for pre-amp and Scarlett Solo3 for calibrating. Genelec G3 + KC62, integrate to my room perfectly. Also have a HD600, for getting high at mid-night.
  6. T

Am I listening to Headphones Correctly?

I think even some people more on the 'voodoo' side still use this, e.g. Paul@PSAudio. He mentioned that they are trying to include DSP for their bass unit. (well, that's basically EQ, just mentioned in another way) Therefore, after I watched that video, I never felt a single bit of guilty when...
  7. T

A not-so-serious measurement of Genelec Three + KEF KC62 bedroom (untreated) system

I had previously posted my spectrum decay plot as well as IR, I will appreciate that if you could check them and comment on what to look at. (I am not 100% sure about how to interpert those plots desipte it is obvious I have some decaying issues below 50Hz) IR wise, there is a reflection that...
  8. T

how much does it cost to fix a blown subwoofer?

It sounds worth it indeed.
  9. T

A not-so-serious measurement of Genelec Three + KEF KC62 bedroom (untreated) system

Yes I am aware that room modes are not to be fixed with just another sound source. I'll probably consider about that, if price suits. Currently it is roughly crovssovering around 100Hz despite I did not specifically set the xover for G3. There is indeed some over emphasize arond 60-80Hz, but...
  10. T

Am I listening to Headphones Correctly?

To me it seems like you are half way into the rabbit hole of Hi-Fi: listening to gears instead of musics. I'd suggest spending more time auditioning. This works for me and then I realize what I am pursuing is more about this 'purchase' instead of its 'sound'. I found the sound I was expecting...
  11. T

how much does it cost to fix a blown subwoofer?

Maybe, just maybe, call the manufacturer first. If it is within warranty, then, you know what to do. If not, then it is either a amp replacement or a driver replacement. I believe both would cost you around half of the sub if the manufacturer have spare parts. There are indeed local repairs...
  12. T

Genelec 8030C / G Three + miniDSP Flex + sub

That had alrady made quite a difference to me. It fixed 80% of my spatial imaging problem in my room due to room asymmetry, also added statisfying level of sub bass. I would say this is more cost efficient than going for a bigger speaker for that lower bass. (I think generally full range...
  13. T

This is actually the 4th figure in the original post. Here is the zoomed and less smoothed version: I had noctied the comb fitering but it might be something I got to live with for now... since it is all for my desktop entertainment system. More, because my room is not symmetric, you can see...
  14. T

Legroom: decent enough for me. But surely 7040A should be better on that. (but if I want more bass and go for 7050C... then it does not have the advantage anymore) 180 degree phase shift is doing some job at the 80-90Hz area. I probably overlap too much curves that you might not notice that...
  15. T

Raw: With sub inverted for 180 degree. Calibrated: There is indeed huge dips with high Q. I usually cannot sense them therefore I think it makes sense to smooth more. Still, I am well aware those dips and I had tried fixing them. But as you might have already known, fixing cancellation is...
  16. T

Upgrading Sub from KEF-Q400 to REL T7X, does it make sense?

Not sure why you want to place your sub on that far corner. But anyways, I personally had listened T5x, KC62, and Micro 3000. Pros: T5x/T7x: smooth and gentle, integrate easily KC62: dives deeper and well textured, and speedy M3000: phone app EQ and reasonable extention. Cons: T5x/T7x...
  17. T

I checked the alignment tool and played around with it for a while. I found the optimal results I could achieve is basically the 180 degree inverse switch could do. Therefore, it terms of timing alignment, I currently cannot go any further than that, no to mention I am not using something like a...
  18. T

So, long story short, I think I had figured out the end-game setup in my small 3x3 bedroom. Since there isn't a lot of measurement specifically for KEF KC62, I'd believe it would be interesting to post some actual numbers and curves here. Still, bare in mind that my room is not treated so dips...
  19. T

Subwoofer power ratings, why so diverged?

Well, personally, I am willing to see some shoe-box designs because it is pretty much what I need. I wish I could have a bigger place to place a somewhat giant 12" sub beside my desk, but I don't.
Top Bottom