Search results

1. ThatSoundsGood

"The Bronco" DIY Studio Monitor

This project started with a friend who wanted me to make studio monitors for him. He loved the mid-range (no surprise due to the FIR filters) but the low end ran out of gas too soon so he didn't end up wanting to keep them. So, I painted them white and flew them in my garage. These things...
  2. ThatSoundsGood

Let's talk about woofer placement on the baffle and the effect on frequency response in the room

I'm in a "discussion" with someone Facebook about this. He is saying that the dips at 120Hz and 380Hz on this graph are due to the woofer placement in the speaker rather than room anomalies. I agree that the woofers being higher on the baffle can make this problem worse, but I still maintain...
  3. ThatSoundsGood

I made a pair of things I call "The Hurricane".

I made these bad boys. The Purifi woofers are giving me an F3 of around 30Hz in room. Powering them with a Buckeye Hypex NC502. Distortion is low. Loving these things.
  4. ThatSoundsGood

Buckeye NC 252MP 6 Channel Hypex Amplifier is Great!

I just received my 6 Channel Hypex amp from Buckeye and I immediately plugged it in. I'm running it through my Homemade ported Bookshelf speakers that measure +/- 2db from 60Hz-20K and are +/- 1db for most of it. I'm running Tidal through a USB Scarlet into minidsp 4x10 to process for the...
Top Bottom