Search results

1. Shakes

Monoprice M1570C Headphone Review

Always happy to try and contribute! Considering the amount of discussions found elsewhere I felt it was time to get some actual data out in the world
  2. Shakes

Monoprice M1570C Headphone Review

This was my immediate impression as well. I kept seeing praise of this model, but no serious testing had been completed yet. Once I had the chance to secure a new set from Monoprice at $165, I figured I would grab them as I had another pair of headphones I wanted to send to Amir and thought the...
  3. Shakes

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Most recent purchase was Genelec 8030C. I was not able to listen to them before ordering, but the company reputation, measurements from this forum, and the high praise from ASR members made it a safe chance to take. I am glad I did!
  4. Shakes

We broke 1.5 Millon + posts!

Wow, that is amazing how far things have come! Great work Amir, and all the members that make this place what is is today!
  5. Shakes

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Finally joined the Audeze club with the addition of the LCD-X 2021! Extremely happy with them and still playing with a few different eq options. Loving them so far. Also just added the Monoprice M1570C to the collection. Was hard to pass up the $185 sale price last week and wanted to see their...
  6. Shakes

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I have my 8030C wired to the XLR out of an A90D and it works great
  7. Shakes

Updated List: DCA Aeon Noire ZMF Aeolus Focal Elex AKG K371 Sennheiser HD58X Audio-Technica ATH-M60X FiiO FH7
  8. Shakes

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

It powers my Aeon Noire without problems, and I have no complaints in regards to sound quality or performance when using any of the input options.
  9. Shakes

While I have not personally tried the HD800 with the G5, it should drive them very well
  10. Shakes

Received my G5 just a few days ago and happy to report that it has been working great. No issues powering either my DCA Aeon Noire or ZMF Aeolus with plenty of headroom available. Driver install and firmware update went smoothly as well, and have no connectivity issues when using BT or USB via...
  11. Shakes

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

I only lost a relatively small amount when I sold it thankfully
  12. Shakes

I did go that route. After I upgraded to the 8805 I never really felt that my system improved audibly at at all. I was curious to see what the testing numbers would show, and when they were published it confirmed what I was thinking. From there, it came down to the only thing it offered was 2...
  13. Shakes

I can say first hand that I have been thrilled with mine and was not disappointed overall when it replaced my 8805. This just confirms my belief that they had really stepped up their game compared to past products.
  14. Shakes

[SOLD] Sennheiser HD650 w/ Balanced & Single Ended Cables

Up for sale is a lightly used, one-owner HD650 headphones from Sennheiser. Includes the original packaging, manual, single ended cable as well as a balanced 4-pin cable. The headphones are in great condition with no major flaws or blemishes. Asking $175.00 including shipping to the continental...
  15. Shakes

Which IEM do you own?

Fiio FH7 Tin T2 Tin P1
  16. Shakes

I enjoy them quite a bit! I picked them up after the HD650 and they were, to me, a nice alternative sound-wise as well as quite a bit easier to drive. They are a very flexible headphone in terms of applications
  17. Shakes

Current line up: Over-Ear: Focal Elex, Sennheiser HD650 & HD58X, Audio Technica ATH-M60x IEM: Fiio FH7, Tin T2 & P1
  18. Shakes

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

FYI...The drop for the THX AAA 789 is back up. Sadly not available until late August
  19. Shakes

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

The importance of these features will vary for some, but a few of the bigger ones would be a lack of immersive audio decoding, room correction, and Air Play / Heos support. My system has used both the 205, and later, the 8805 to be the main hub of the system, and both performed very smoothly...
  20. Shakes

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I would use the analog outputs of your 203 for 2-ch audio unless you need to use room correction. Even with a processor like this I still used the analog outs on my original 203, and even more so with my 205, for music playback. HDMI was only used for when I required Atmos playback
Top Bottom