Search results

1. S

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Anybody play this classic game? I’ve enjoyed it for years as it’s a tremendous combination of creative/ “fun” and technical thinking. Not dissimilar to our audio pursuits I think.
  2. S

Unintended experiment tonight..

Well we’re into November, but I still want to sit on my deck and enjoy brews ‘n tunes. 41degF here, so I grabbed a lil electric heater I have. Now my outdoor rig is a Carver amp and a Dayton outdoor speaker, 8+1 with passive radiator on back (mono sum from source). So I set the heater between...
  3. S

Limitations of human hearing: max SPL

Idea just occurred to me as I was reading an account of a soldier from the Falkland conflict, where the guy was standing on the skid of an overloaded helicopter, right under the rotor, almost certainly without hearing protection. So hearing in humans has been damaged easily with all sorts of...
  4. S

All things Fostex..

I went on a Fostex collecting spree for a while. I have 6 models of speakers, a proportionial-Q graphic EQ, 5x switch handheld mic’s, a tiny 5wpc amp, 3x lil volume controllers (1/8” in, RCA out), a “mixer” 2-in 1 out version, And a clock made of a Fostex tape reel. Most are very good; some I...
  5. S

Cranesong HEDD

http://www.cranesong.com/hedd.html Discontinued / replaced with a “quantum” version with optical i/o, wordclock outs and some other conversion options. I have access to the original version tho.. However, all I’m looking for is some tasty distortion options to increase perceived loudness in a...
Top Bottom