Search results

1. F

Review and Measurements of Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital

> what happens with a 1 Khz tone when we filter it out Amir, I'm still lost pondering this unfamiliar unit, the kelvin-hour-z (Khz). What exactly is a kelvin-hour-z tone? I can't find a reference to its definition, anywhere. Any help greatly appreciated!
  2. F

Understanding Audio Measurements

Correction, I should have written that Hz (uppercase H, lowercase z) is hertz. Uppercase H is henry (the unit of inductance).
  3. F

Understanding Audio Measurements

Hi Amir, Very nice. One small thing needs correction. I have noticed that you are in the annoying habit of typing Khz, when it's obvious that you really mean kHz. Please clean up your act on using correct SI notation. Uppercase K denotes kelvin. Lowercase k denotes kilo. Uppercase H denotes...
  4. F

Phono Pre-amp: What are we testing for?

Hi Amir, If you navigate to MRL's Choosing and Using from your browser, you should see hyperlinks to the relevant MRL papers describing the cal tape options. (Let me warn you. There are many.) For fast sweeps you'll want MRL publication 313, for slow sweeps, publication 402, for the Sound...
  5. F

Hi Amir, Yes, see page 4 of the MRL publication "Choosing and Using" for the order numbers. http://mrltapes.com/choo&u.pdf Fred
  6. F

I say YES! to that last one. Why? Remember that we have half a century's worth of legacy recording natively recorded onto analog tape. More transfers still need to be done (or re-done). Also, over in the high-end world, there's been this burgeoning little niche market called tape. The hot fad...
Top Bottom