Search results

1. osscar

Show us your bicycles!

winter is coming, probably I will end the season - this year since March - 4500 km driven. My white bike without any problems - no flat tires etc., I only changed the chain and brake pads at 3500 km
  2. osscar

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

I don't like that the capacitors are so close to the emitter resistors (they can get hot)...and practically pressed against the plastic housings of the relays. Also, the ribbon cable is "sandwiched" between the resistor and the filter capacitor...
  3. osscar

Show us your bicycles!

My existing one 26 and the new one ...I don't know, the 26 rolls well either...but I hope I will like it with the 29 as well...and the 32 t won't be too small in front of the 1x system.
  4. osscar

Fan-less silent PC

I am using a complete silent mini itx j5005 with a "brick" style stripped power supply. also officially supports win 11 despite the age.
  5. osscar

Show us your home theatre setup

You have built a great home theater! I have a simple 5.1 system (old picture - now the TV is much bigger) Front/rear - mark audio chr70 and chp70. Simple 100W subwoofer (parallel 2 TDA 7294 chipamps). SONY receiver. HTPC as a signal source. The rest is for music. Something changes all the time.
  6. osscar

Your Favorite Power Amplifier that you have ever owned or currently own and what makes it your favorite

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/780/index.html I've been listening to a "DIY version" AB100 N.PASS design of this for the last few years( time to time I listen class A F5, tube amps, etc. but this is main amp)-no fancy parts - just a massive power supply. Runs cool, sounds great...
  7. osscar

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I like black, strong coffee - without sugar and other additives. I am not picky and I test different coffee beans. I used some sort (don't remember) of PHILIPS all-in-one machine...(the woman likes latte and other white coffees :p)
  8. osscar

Powering the subwoofer

Of course, for high powers - class D is the right solution. But for a home user (up to 200w) - class AB/B is ok. I have seen branded subwoofers - which work in class B with small heatsinks - very basic 4-transistor circuits with Darlington transistors at the output.
  9. osscar

Powering the subwoofer

I like class AB and linear power supply. High transient peak margin/power reserve and reliability. Of course - heavy weight and low energy efficiency. I've seen a lot of dead class SMPS/D subwoofers.
  10. osscar

Show us your bicycles!

my old horse (bought in 2007 approximately - I am quite tall and I like this geometry).. the frame has not broken with my 115 kg ... only the wearing parts have been changed (chain, cogs, bearings, brake pads) It would be time to buy a new one.. but now the local selection is small (shortage)...
  11. osscar

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

my cat, taken from the street (at a young age)... does not sleep on amps :D - well-behaved. A bit wild.
  12. osscar

Atoll IN200 measurements - any good?

from site: "This integrated amp is a true dual-mono design. (Some manufacturers market their amps as dual monos; however, when you look inside, you see only one transformer.) The IN200 operates in class-A mode up to 40W before switching over to class AB—impressive engineering. Not many...
  13. osscar

Adcom GFA 5200 Measurements

Looks pretty respectable - and proper grounding - not much hum noise... thanks for sharing
  14. osscar

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello, My name is Oscar, I have been building all kinds of DIY amps for the past 12 years...(Leach amp, F5, JLH, Hiraga Le monstre,A1, Pass AB100, 6c33c and gu32 tube amps, chipamps, headphone amps and phono preamps..except Class D...) In addition to this hobby - I like fishing, photography...
Top Bottom